PDA

View Full Version : Burnley scanner

iadom
10-11-2003, 19:36
Someone from the Burnley area is being a naughty person.:grind: They scanned 54 ports in total.

Ramrod
10-11-2003, 21:05
Thats a deliberate port scan then?:dunce:

zoombini
11-11-2003, 12:54
Get it all the time..

th'engineer
11-11-2003, 14:01
You could forward it to AUP at NTL

Chris
11-11-2003, 14:25
I did that once, after getting scanned by the same ntl IP addy repeatedly for about half an hour. Never heard anything back.

To this day, the majority of hits on my firewall come from ntl IPs.

Chimaera
11-11-2003, 14:58
And mine too towny - but being a comparative newbie to all this I have not a clue what it all means!
Ignorance is bliss - but before I get flamed or worse I DO have an up to date firewall and virus checker and have my computer set to autocheck for the Windoze updates! So not totally stupid!! :dozey:

iadom
11-11-2003, 16:27
You could forward it to AUP at NTLAlready done, but to be honest I don't report many. I had one Ntl user who obviously had an infected PC that hit my firewall 40 or 50 times each day, long before the current crop of Welchia/Blaster attacks. Even though I did report them to AUP it was never stopped 6 months later.:(

In fact you could compose a small novel with the names of some of the services mentioned in the list.:D

Cantona
12-11-2003, 09:23
:D I'm from Burnley, but I can assure you it wasn't me - I'm on ntl any more - can't get it :(

Pipex for me at the moment

iadom
12-11-2003, 10:00
It's OK, a friend ;) from here,has sent the boys round.:ninja:

peachey
13-11-2003, 00:29
That suggests that you could but now you can't? I thought the whole of Burnley was serviced??

I went to Burnley once
and thought it was one of the most dismal places i ever set foot in

the location:

the window - a pub

Chris
13-11-2003, 11:04
I went to Burnley once
and thought it was one of the most dismal places i ever set foot in

the location:

the window - a pub
Only once? It's just down the road for you.

peachey
13-11-2003, 11:18
Only once? It's just down the road for you.

what are you on about?

its about 4 hours from here

Chris
13-11-2003, 11:33
what are you on about?

its about 4 hours from here
You know exactly what I'm talking about KA.

peachey
13-11-2003, 11:34
You know exactly what I'm talking about KA.

no I don't

peachey
13-11-2003, 14:56
Surely you mean "the big window" on Manchester Road?

You came to Burnley to set foot in one pub! :zzz:
it was called 'the window' when I was there

went to a few places also
but did not like them either

maybe its got better in the few years since I visited

Chris
13-11-2003, 15:07
it was called 'the window' when I was there

went to a few places also
but did not like them either

maybe its got better in the few years since I visited
KA, your attempt to pretend you don't know Burnley very well is as silly as your attempts to show you're familiar with South Wales.

peachey
13-11-2003, 15:14
KA, your attempt to pretend you don't know Burnley very well is as silly as your attempts to show you're familiar with South Wales.

ok then

ask me some local questions about Cardiff
and stuff to prove it

ask me something only someone from wales and cardiff would know

and who is this KA person?

Chris
13-11-2003, 15:16
ok then

and stuff to prove it

I'm taking this to PM ... see you there :wavey:

peachey
13-11-2003, 15:18
I'm taking this to PM ... see you there :wavey:

ok - game on

Russ
13-11-2003, 17:08
ok then

and stuff to prove it

There is NOTHING that only someone from Cardiff would know that could prove you are there, all you'd need to have is someone from the area on msn to ask or a good knowledge of Google.....but anyway, I'm glad this has been taken to PM and that's where it can stay :)

th'engineer
15-11-2003, 10:44
There is NOTHING that only someone from Cardiff would know that could prove you are there, all you'd need to have is someone from the area on msn to ask or a good knowledge of Google.....but anyway, I'm glad this has been taken to PM and that's where it can stay :)
quite agree with you russ ever been in la monde in cardiff

Russ
15-11-2003, 11:12
Never heard of it :erm:

Cantona
15-11-2003, 19:58
That suggests that you could but now you can't? I thought the whole of Burnley was serviced??

Not all of Burnley. I'm in a new-ish house (about 13 years old). There is a cul-de-sac just down the road from me, but we can't get it where we are. I'm happy with my Pipex and Sky Digital though :)

peachey
15-11-2003, 20:01
quite agree with you russ ever been in la monde in cardiff

I've been in there

but not for a couple of years

In fact - I might be in the walkabout bar over the road in about half an hour for a short time

zoombini
17-11-2003, 11:53
Burnley has some wonderful attractions for the would be visitor.

Car parking: In short supplly because they sold the car park spaces off, one of those left is most likely due to be closed down because some idiot of a counciller wants to use its space for a job centre (we have a perfectly good one of those already).

For those that you can find, they are charged at exhorbitant rates unlike other local town centres wher your get some free parking.
Still you can park out of the town centre & then you only have to pay for a new side window & radio - still its cheaper.

Shopping centres:
The least said the better, big name stores prefer to give Burnley centre a miss, out of town you have the usual supermarkets that you have in any town, a market charter of over 100 years ago prevents car boot sales.

EntertainmentWe have the "Mechanics" which has a theater in, some pubs of dubious quality, McDonalds, a run down sports centre due for closure.
Oh, there's a brand new skate park for the kids to skateboard in.
Unfortunately the morons who planned it, built it directly under a copse of trees and now its dangerous due to the number of wet leaves on the ground & when there are no leaves falling they shade it from the sun & prevent the ground drying. Of course we also have many tennis courts that can remain completely unused while the afore mentioned skate park gets crammed full.

Street entertainment: We can now walk around the streets kicking blue glass recycling boxes around as they litter the streets because someone forgot to tell the residents to take them indoors (either that or they are too thick to).
Any that I see being unused/unwanted will be liberated & recycled

Its a wonderful place... come & visit us often... lol.