PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Stansted Airport Parking

Gareth
09-01-2006, 19:01
Has anyone used the long stay parking at Stansted in the past? Any one got any recommendations on cheaper off-airport parking that isn't dodgy? We'll be away for 8 days in Feb, and am looking into this now rather than the last minute like I normally do :)

TIA... greenies on their way to those who can help me save some cash!

SMHarman
09-01-2006, 19:56
It's a bit of a hike, I usually drop the family at the terminal with the bags and then take the car to long stay, less lugging of bags but is is a 20+min bus ride. Compare the difference to the mid stay which is far closer. Off airport I have heard of the rugby club and some hotels, but not used any.

Hom3r
09-01-2006, 20:12
Depend where your comming from.

I can get the train to the airport, it travels between London and stansted, I don't know what stations it stops at along the way?

there may be other stations other than London but I'm not sure? try the airports website.

Scarlett
09-01-2006, 20:12
My only experience was with the meet and greet service (can't remember who it was though), you get there and drop off the car and you stuff, give the guy your keys and head off for departures. When you return, the car is waiting for you and the guy will meet you in arrivals (with your name on a sign.)

If you can stretch that little bit more, Id seriously recommend a meet and greet as its just so much easier. You just need to turn up bang on time (we turned up 20 minutes early and had to drive around the block a couple of times.)

It was certainly a stress free start to the holiday (as was booking the taxi transfer at the other end!)

andyandy
09-01-2006, 20:13
Ive used the Stansted Hilton hotel in the past, as it included parking and the coach to and from the airport.

Depending on the time of your flights, it can be quite nice to either be there on the day of your departure, or to sleep there on your return.

The difference in cost to the airport parking was very little too.

Halcyon
09-01-2006, 20:28
I have used parking at Stanstead and found it excellent.
What you want is the "Pink elephant" airport car park.
Official site HERE (http://www.stansted-parking-discounts.co.uk/pink_elephant.htm)

There is a free shuttle bus every 20 minutes that takes you to the airport and back.

Hom3r
09-01-2006, 20:34
Where you travelling from?

get a lift from family or friend

Gareth
09-01-2006, 20:40
Travelling from Swindon... gonna be mid-week so looks like family or friends is a no-no :( Looked into getting the train, but as it's going in direction of London, the fares are horrendous.

Think it'll be Pink Elephant (cheers, Hal :) ) although I have used the chauffeur service before - just not when it's me footing the bill ;)

Thanks all :tu:

Hom3r
09-01-2006, 20:51
Is there a airport near you

It might sound silly but compare the price of the train to stansted, bus/coach, and plane (if there is a flight to stansted)

Plus the fact car parking might be expensive.