PDA

View Full Version : not shocking but ever heard of the phrase

kronas
09-11-2003, 23:16
'stop drooling over her' :p

well a project done by the university of chicago says men really do drool over women 39 hetrosexual men were given saliva tests for testoterone levels before and after they met a female assistant in her 20's the tests showed testoterone levels were 39% higher then before they came in contact with the women

the men were not told that this was the test

http://www.nbc5.com/health/2620730/detail.html

Graham
10-11-2003, 02:48
Oh dear, it looks very like another one of those "Newspaper sub-editor puts in an inaccurate but attention grabbing strapline on a story".

Actually the research *doesn't* "prove" that men "drool" over women, it simply demonstrates that, when men are interested in a woman they produce testosterone and it shows up in their saliva.

Well big deal, I'm sure it would show up in blood, tears and urine as well, but we don't seem to have (common!) expressions relating to those bodily fluids!

Sorry, but this sort of thing just irritates me!

kronas
10-11-2003, 02:56
it simply demonstrates that, when men are interested in a woman they produce testosterone and it shows up in their saliva.

that was the point i was trying to make :dozey:

Theodoric
11-11-2003, 18:45
Homer drools over pork chops, chilli, doughnuts and, oh, all sorts of things. :)

kronas
11-11-2003, 20:43
Homer drools over pork chops, chilli, doughnuts and, oh, all sorts of things. :)

true but when you really want something you do tend to salivate more so it works both ways because it appeals to you :p

Ramrod
11-11-2003, 20:47
She was too toothy for my liking!:shrug: