PDA

View Full Version : Car question

Nidge
09-01-2006, 18:17
I have a Vauxhall Omega, I'm having problems with the gear stick and selection. On Saturday it wouldn't go into gear the gear stick was all over the place, I took the cover off to find the plastic casing had come loose that sites round the gear stick, by the looks of it the casing keeps the gear stick straight so you can select gears easy, there are 4 bolts that hold this casing in place 3 of them are missing, is it easy enough to put the bolts back in? By the looks of the bolts you have to get under the car to fit them back in.

marky
09-01-2006, 18:23
As long as non of the bits are missing it is pretty easy, If memory serves me right you may have to drop the whole remote (10mm) nuts,
but tbh it may be easier to get a replacment from a car breakers, its ony about 6 nuts and bolts.

Nidge
09-01-2006, 18:29
As long as non of the bits are missing it is pretty easy, If memory serves me right you may have to drop the whole remote (10mm) nuts,
but tbh it may be easier to get a replacment from a car breakers, its ony about 6 nuts and bolts.

All the casing is in place it's just the 3 bolts that are missing one is holding the whole lot in place.

marky
09-01-2006, 18:34
Its well worth a go then :tu:
You cant lose, and its all self explanitary really, theres no nasty suprises :)

Nidge
09-01-2006, 19:40

Cheers mate thanks.

basa
10-01-2006, 10:07

Except if you can't find the three mising bolts ;)

Nidge
10-01-2006, 14:39
Except if you can't find the three mising bolts ;)

That's the problem they've gone a missing, I'll get my hands on some more.

marky
10-01-2006, 14:42
Multi story carpark and be quick :devsmoke:

:jk: