PDA

View Full Version : NTL not accepting cancelation!

stewie
09-11-2003, 22:53
This is a long one, but makes you wonder how this company keeps going.

Weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve had cable since it was first in our town (back in the east lancs cable com days had in installed the same day Madonnaââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Blonde ambition tour was show for FREE on sky) stuck with in until last month, when enough was enough,

Nearly a year ago I moved to my own place got sky, and had cable transferred to my mumsâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ name.

Around June time she stopped getting bills, but carried on paying what she normally would, then oneday a bill arrived and she was being charged for BB which she never had, on the bill was an overdue amount of £30+ when I phoned up to ask why, was told sheââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s not been paying the full amount for the BB, told them she doesnââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t have BB OR a computer, "well according to our records she does.." After an argument and being passed from person to person for 30min they agreed she didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t have BB and would credit her account back,

The next week I had a phone call at MY house asking if they could call round to install BB at my house, even though I already had it, and was told "according to our system youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve asked for it to be installed, I asked them to confirm the address and was giving my MUMS (so why call my number?)

About a month after that on a Thursday she paid her bill, on Friday she had no cable, phoned them up "oh youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve been cut off as youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve not paid the bill!" but it was paid yesterday, "oh well she MIGHT get it back on tomorrow then, but it can take 5-7 days for us to receive it.."

Saturday it came back on, then the next bill arrived and she was charged £20 re-connection fee, I phoned again, "oh there is nothing I can do, we didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t get payment on time so she got cut off, and she HAS to pay the fee" I told them how come they can charge her for a service she doesnââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t have MAKE HER overdue on the balance then make her pay again for there mistake "thatââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s nothing to do with me"

Phoned up the next day to cancel, and managed to get a deal from them half price for 3 month next bill arrived paying full price, gave them a call.. "Ok weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll credit this account, you know need to pay..."

The offer runs out Dec 1st, on the 29th on Oct I phoned them up to give 30 days notice "is Mrs xxxxx there?" no sheââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s in hospital but I gave you her password.. "Hold on i`ll have to speak to cancellations.. Sorry we canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t accept the cancellation... Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve made a note on her account you phoned. Good bye".

So I sent an email giving them 30days notice, on the 4th she came home I phoned again, "we have no record of you giving notice, but it`s done now" yesterday she got a letter saying her account will close on the 4th of Dec!!

Notice was given verbally and in writing on the 29th, if they want to bill her for usage after that they can but it will not be paid.

Goodbye cable helloooo Sky :-)

Defiant
09-11-2003, 22:58
Don't get messed about anymore by the muppets go straight to the top.

E-mail Aizad.Hussain@ntl.com

nate
09-11-2003, 23:05
I can't speak for customer services regarding the cock ups that seem to have been made, but NTL do have to comply with the data protection act regarding account queries (ie. cancellations), therfore only the account holder, or a nominated person (who has to be nominated verbally or in writing beforehand by the account holder) can cancel the account.

Other than that, sounds like a total farce-up :(

Jerrek
10-11-2003, 01:51
I get ****ed off at customer service idiots very quickly, and usually demand a supervisor in under 3 minutes. I also don't ask them to do something for me, I start with "here is what you're going to do now: You're going to [blah], and then you're going to [blah]."

stewie
22-12-2003, 21:53
just a quick update, they should have picked the box up BEFORE 12pm on the 5th, they came after 12 when nobody was in, called about the £10 credit they USED to give for a missed appointment and was told they no longer do it and anyway "if you have left NTL how do we credit you?", week later the guy took the box (wasn`t happy we took the bateries out) left all the cable and little silver splitter things (are they worth anything?) mum has had a bill sent £40+ for services 1-30th dec, phoned "well if you pay the bill we can send you a refund for the days you didnt have the service" YEAH RIGHT, spoke to a friend today who said he tried to phone my mums number as he had lost mine i checked the line and it can STILL make incoming and out going calls!! will wait for the next bill and then contact the guy mentioned above.

oh i am the "nominated person" with NTL if i can give them more money by adding things they allow it, but when i try to loose them money....

(she got sky loves it, went to a shop on wednesday filled in the form card arrived friday called the shop, sky in next morning, nice sony box with digital audio out :-)

Defiant
22-12-2003, 21:56
just a quick update, they should have picked the box up BEFORE 12pm on the 5th, they came after 12 when nobody was in, called about the £10 credit they USED to give for a missed appointment and was told they no longer do it and anyway "if you have left NTL how do we credit you?", week later the guy took the box (wasn`t happy we took the bateries out) left all the cable and little silver splitter things (are they worth anything?) mum has had a bill sent £40+ for services 1-30th dec, phoned "well if you pay the bill we can send you a refund for the days you didnt have the service" YEAH RIGHT, spoke to a friend today who said he tried to phone my mums number as he had lost mine i checked the line and it can STILL make incoming and out going calls!! will wait for the next bill and then contact the guy mentioned above.

oh i am the "nominated person" with NTL if i can give them more money by adding things they allow it, but when i try to loose them money....

Don't get messed about anymore by the muppets go straight to the top.

E-mail Aizad.Hussain@ntl.com

MadGamer
22-12-2003, 22:22
I was under the impression that you are subjected to a 12 month contract with NTL.

dilli-theclaw
22-12-2003, 22:25
I was under the impression that you are subjected to a 12 month contract with NTL.

What about if they are not providing the service you are paying for?

MadGamer
22-12-2003, 22:30
Then you phone them and tell them what a S**t service they have got.

dilli-theclaw
22-12-2003, 22:33

And how many times would you do that before you gave up and told them where to stick their service?

How many times would you put up with being on hold for 45mins plus to tech support - only to be told they know about the problem OR to have the phone put down on you?

In my personal experience (I'm sure there are NICE customer services SOMEWHERE in ntl) EVERYONE I've spoken to has been less than useless.

When I phoned to cancel I got told that the reason emails and broadband is so bad is because I use a home built PC and not one bought from a shop.

MadGamer
22-12-2003, 22:41
And how many times would you do that before you gave up and told them where to stick their service?

How many times would you put up with being on hold for 45mins plus to tech support - only to be told they know about the problem OR to have the phone put down on you?

In my personal experience (I'm sure there are NICE customer services SOMEWHERE in ntl) EVERYONE I've spoken to has been less than useless.

When I phoned to cancel I got told that the reason emails and broadband is so bad is because I use a home built PC and not one bought from a shop. B******s I had NTL's broadband service (Once). The engineers turned up on the Wednesday to fir it and they wern't supposed to come untill the Friday. Next we didn't have tome to download a firewall cos they turned up early. After that they went and didn't clear the brick dust up after them. After the that they wouldn't accept the f*****g registeration so i wasn't able to use broadband for one day. When i came down the next morning and turned on my PC the USB modem malfunctioned. So :upyours: NTL.

stewie
09-04-2004, 21:42
WELL what fun we`ve had with NTl and this account... as you can see it`s been going on since LAST YEAR and we now think it`s been sorted out...

in march we got a bill £40+... went to trading standards... and HOUR later, they told them the account HAS now been cancelled.. and it was a "computer fault" as to why it was still going on,

BUT!!! begining of APRIL we got a NEW bill for £14.99. .. again went to trading standards... they had no record of the previous chat with them, and was told the £14.99 was for BROADBAND!! and didn`t understand why there was a credit of over £40, they then said "ok the account it closed" later that day got a phone call.. asking when would be best to INSTALL cable!!! told them where to shove there cable!!

BTW sent over 20 emails to Aizad.Hussain so far NOTHING!!! and none got bounced back, so he got them!

there, just thought i`d put an end to this saga with them.

stuey82
09-04-2004, 21:44
That doesn't work! Believe me!

MadGamer
09-04-2004, 21:52
That doesn't work! Believe me! NTL never listen to their customers. :mad:

Graham F
09-04-2004, 22:06
WELL what fun we`ve had with NTl and this account... as you can see it`s been going on since LAST YEAR and we now think it`s been sorted out...

in march we got a bill £40+... went to trading standards... and HOUR later, they told them the account HAS now been cancelled.. and it was a "computer fault" as to why it was still going on,

BUT!!! begining of APRIL we got a NEW bill for £14.99. .. again went to trading standards... they had no record of the previous chat with them, and was told the £14.99 was for BROADBAND!! and didn`t understand why there was a credit of over £40, they then said "ok the account it closed" later that day got a phone call.. asking when would be best to INSTALL cable!!! told them where to shove there cable!!

BTW sent over 20 emails to Aizad.Hussain so far NOTHING!!! and none got bounced back, so he got them!

there, just thought i`d put an end to this saga with them.

Ok, i have to say I am very suprised that Aizad hasn't done anything :disturbd:

Maybe try...
Managing Director, North Business Unit
Mr Alan Grant
Telephone: 0161 216 2898
Mobile: 07855 806457
Fax: 0161 2162849
E-mail: alan.c.grant@cwcom.co.uk

or

Managing Director, ntl:home
Mr Aizad Hussain
Telephone: 01256 754244
Mobile: 07770 811007
Fax: 01256 752033
E-mail: aizad.hussain@ntl.com

try Aizad's mobile number ;)

or failing that ring..

Chief Executive Officer
Mr Simon Duffy
Telephone: 01256 754500
Mobile: 07812 162385
E-mail: simon.duffy@ntl.com

Mr Duffy is responsible for the whole company, including the other three divisions of ntl apart from ntl:home. You should only contact him if you have not had any success with Mr Hussain, above

info taken from here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome)

Marge
09-04-2004, 22:14
Sorry but Alan isn't based at Wythenshawe any more, worse luck, cos he was a great bloke and he is missed

Graham F
09-04-2004, 22:23
But doesn't he cover the North as MD since the COBI change of regions?

I thought the info on that page was COBI related?!?

Marge
09-04-2004, 22:26
Yeah he does but not based at Wythenshawe now, not seen him in yonks actually.

Graham F
09-04-2004, 22:28
Where is he based now Glasgow?

Marge
09-04-2004, 22:30
Off the top of my head I can't remember, hang on while I scratch my head and have a think. I can remember them shipping all his stuff out of his office though :erm:

desperatemeasure
24-05-2006, 16:57
For anyone looking for more recent people to contact, I'm not sure that Simon Duffy is still with NTL or not, and I don't care.
I had 9 engineers in total to my house over a period of 6 weeks before I got full internet access. One of them, brain dead Dave, came round 4 times and did a grand total of nothing, checking my line each time and telling me that it was installed wrong. Didn't fix it of course, but arranged for another engineer to come out the week after each time. *****.
Still, I looked on this very page, found Simon's email address and mailed him. I got a reply from a lady and everything got sorted out quite quickly, in fact now I can barely move for NTL calling ME instead of the other way around.
Stupid people in a stupid company unfortunately.
I quote the engineer who finally fixed it for me (worked for a sub-contractor): "For a communications company they seem to have a lot of difficulties communicating."

Quite.

Admin Edit (Stuart): Please don't place the names and email addresses of NTL staff here, unless you have permission from them to do so.

tonecold
24-05-2006, 17:27
NTL never listen to their customers. :mad:

Yeah I'm assuming not even through the online form I filled out at the weekend in disgust at my disconnection having NOT been done 9 months after it was requested. I have mentioned this in my official letter of complaint, along with the fact that I doubt the letter will work and that I will see them in court.

MovedGoalPosts
24-05-2006, 18:39
Interesting bump of a very old thread. Closed.