PDA

View Full Version : "24"

poolking
20-06-2003, 19:47
What do you think of it so far?

Martin
20-06-2003, 19:53
In all honesty I've never watched it. I never fancied it.:( Is it any good??

poolking
20-06-2003, 19:56
Originally posted by Martin
In all honesty I've never watched it. I never fancied it.:( Is it any good??

Its an excellent series, where currently upto Hour 15 or 16 in the 2nd series.

I recommend you get the Series 1 DVD box set, to get to know some of the current characters.

patrickp
20-06-2003, 20:13
That's going a bit far, isn't it? Buying the DVD before you even know if you like it! :)

poolking
20-06-2003, 20:20
Originally posted by patrickp
That's going a bit far, isn't it? Buying the DVD before you even know if you like it! :)

That's never stopped me buying DVDs before. :)

Hick
21-06-2003, 01:57
I've never watched it :) I was going to watch it, but I mised the first episode and I could never be bothered catching up after that :D I think I'll download them off the internet one of these days, probably during my 10 week summer holiday :smokin:

poolking
21-06-2003, 08:17
Originally posted by Hick
I've never watched it :) I was going to watch it, but I mised the first episode and I could never be bothered catching up after that :D I think I'll download them off the internet one of these days, probably during my 10 week summer holiday :smokin:

10 week summer holiday :eek:

Hick
21-06-2003, 10:46
Originally posted by poolking
10 week summer holiday :eek:

Well you've got to have something extra after a month of GCSE's :) 19 exams in total with the longest being 2 1/2 hours long :eeek:

Tezcatlipoca
21-06-2003, 11:52
I think it's excellent, although I don't think season 2 is as good as the 1st.

I also wish they would kill Kim. DIE KIM DIE! She is sooo stupid & annoying....

grum1978
21-06-2003, 12:13
yes i watch it and love it, have watched it since the off and it just gets better and better :D

Captain_caveman
21-06-2003, 21:24
24 one of the better programmes on TV at the moment.
I like the way it is presented with the split screens and in Real time.

I highly reccomend getting series one dvd set or seeing series one before watching the second series as it will begin to nag at you that you're missing something. I have missed 2 weeks and am suffering withdrawal symptoms.

ianarc
21-06-2003, 23:22
Great program. 24 and State of Play make a great Sunday night in.

Totally agree with the comments about Kim though - she is a walking liability How did she survive series 1?!?

poolking
22-06-2003, 09:44
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
I think it's excellent, although I don't think season 2 is as good as the 1st.

I also wish they would kill Kim. DIE KIM DIE! She is sooo stupid & annoying....

I agree with you about Kim, I voted in the poll on the BBCs official site for her not to be in S3, she is just a huge distraction to the main plot.

I still can't complain about that white vest episode, though. :naughty:

punky
22-06-2003, 17:05
I absolutely love "24". Its excellent. Since the bomb was found, the tension has waned a little, but its now descending into a drama, rather than an action drama. Not bad nescessarily, but bad for action junkies who like to see Jack beat people up. One thing I like about "24" is that it doesnt descend into James Bond style over dramatism.

I cant wait to finish watching it, and move onto season 1.

Come on FHM... Give us Kim Bauer, Kate and Marie Warner 3some on your next cover :eek: :)

Tezcatlipoca
22-06-2003, 18:11
Originally posted by poolking
I agree with you about Kim, I voted in the poll on the BBCs official site for her not to be in S3, she is just a huge distraction to the main plot.

I still can't complain about that white vest episode, though. :naughty:

She serves no purpose at all. I tape 24 now, so that I can fast-forward through any Kim scenes. I can't stand her. How many times now has she been kidnapped / gone on the run / got into some other trouble.....Totally ridiculous, & totally irrelevant to the main story.

But, yes, the white vest was good.

Taf
24-06-2003, 15:28
Every episode watched... but I don't like the Sunday night slot... it's the only time I get to go to the pub!

eddie00001
24-06-2003, 15:51
Think it'll be hard to have Kim as a main character in the next series, as you if she get in trouble again in the next series when there is some sort of emergency it'll just be taking the ****

grum1978
24-06-2003, 15:55
Originally posted by eddie00001
Think it'll be hard to have Kim as a main character in the next series, as you if she get in trouble again in the next series when there is some sort of emergency it'll just be taking the ****

lol...

i know what you mean...shes good to look at though:D ;)

Silent Wings
30-06-2003, 22:05
Have to agree, 24 is the best thing on TV right now.........

I've watched it from the off, season 1, now season 2, but sometimes I find it so annoying, like sunday's episode...............

I won't say as I watch the next episode on BBC3 and wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who may not have watched it yet, but it is still gripping stuff...........

Chris
30-06-2003, 22:14
Originally posted by Hick
Well you've got to have something extra after a month of GCSE's :) 19 exams in total with the longest being 2 1/2 hours long :eeek:

You don't know you're alive, sonnymiladd ... wait 'til you get to uni and allyour exams are three hours long.

Sheesh, did I post that? I'm rapidly becoming an old git.

And I don't even like 24.

Silent Wings
06-07-2003, 21:39
Gotta watch it tonight............how's Jack going to get out of this one :eek:

tootsie
06-07-2003, 21:41
I missed the first few episodes and it's too difficult to catch up, I don't have a clue whats going on. I'll get the dvd, and for now, watch Six Feet Under!

Taf
08-07-2003, 15:44
There are omnibus editions late Saturdays some weeks... 3 hours or so.....

Anyone see the spoof on the lookalike prog yesterday? Johnny Vegas in "24 pints".....

grum1978
10-08-2003, 22:58
WOW....

Roll on next year can't wait it just gets better and better :D :D