PDA

View Full Version : Can i use USB and ethernet? (computer and PS2)

Wod
07-01-2006, 14:50
Hi guys,Can i use USB on my pc while using the ethernet on my PS2.
Thanks

MovedGoalPosts
07-01-2006, 14:57
Simple answer, no, sorry

your modem (or Set top Box) can only support one connection at a time. USB leads must be unplugged if you are using ethernet, or vice versa, and the modem (or STB) repowered between each switch over.

NTL did have a console product that did allow use of a PC and console simultatneoulsy but that has been dropped.

IF you switch over frequently, get a router.

Wod
07-01-2006, 14:59
KK,Is there a way i can do the following?.
Connect the ntl200 modem to my pc through USB.
Than plug the ps2 into my pc through ethernet.
Is there some software i can use which will share the internet connection like that?

MovedGoalPosts
07-01-2006, 15:03
Internet Connection Sharing, maybe. As I don't have a PS2 I don't know how to set this up.

As this relates to getting your console online, I'm moving to the PS2 discussion area. You may well find other threads in this forum that give you clues.

Wod
07-01-2006, 15:09
ok,well its already set up but the problem is that i can only use either pc or ps2.So if i wire the connection up to the pc through USB than use ethernet to share the connection?

pigpen
08-01-2006, 00:32
You can connect your PS2 to your PC using ethernet, and connect the modem to the PC via USB.

Go to Network Connections on Control Panel on your PC and click 'Set up a home or small office network' in the left-hand column and follow the wizard through to share your connection to your PS2.

I used to do it this way before I bought a router (which is much easier in the long run to add more computers to your network and have them automatically share the internet connection)

mick70
08-01-2006, 01:05
You can pick up a Linksys Wireless router 802.11b for less than £30, then you even link your PS2 without wires if you buy a gaming bridge ;)