PDA

View Full Version : What is this song (nokia advert)

Damien
03-01-2006, 12:13
Do any of you know the song used in the Nokia cinema adverts where they are showing off the media phones?

Its also used in the current sky movies advert

Derek
03-01-2006, 12:14
It's by Moby but I can't remember the name.

Pretty sure its on the Play or 18 album.

Nugget
03-01-2006, 12:16
It sounds like 'Porcelain' but, to agree with dezzo, it's definitely on Play :)

Mal
03-01-2006, 13:11
Nope, it's not Porcelain, I'm sure it's off 18 :) Can't say which though...

bopdude
03-01-2006, 13:15
Do any of you know the song used in the Nokia cinema adverts where they are showing off the media phones?

Its also used in the current sky movies advert

Try looking at this (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=35703&highlight=advert+songs) thread ;) answers to most ad's :tu:

Derek
03-01-2006, 13:16
Now if it wasn't a Bank Holiday in Scotland today I'd not have driven to work and I'd have my iPod with me so I could check.

As it is you'll need to wait unless someone else has them both to hand :)

bopdude
03-01-2006, 13:17
Is it Popcorn - Hot Butter

Nugget
03-01-2006, 13:22

Doesn't help that I can't remember what the song sounds like ;) (although I was wondering the same thing the other day).

We'll have to agree to disagree, 'cos I'm sure it's off Play :D

Mal
03-01-2006, 13:32

Doesn't help that I can't remember what the song sounds like ;) (although I was wondering the same thing the other day).

We'll have to agree to disagree, 'cos I'm sure it's off Play :D
If it is the one that's being used by Sky Movies (voiced by Patrick Stewart "build it and they will come") it is definately Moby and I think that it is on 18 I'm sure. If I was at home, I could find out straight away :) Damn

Russ
03-01-2006, 13:33
I've got 18 and Play on Itunes right now - can I help? Does it have lyrics?

Derek
03-01-2006, 13:33
If it is the one that's being used by Sky Movies (voiced by Patrick Stewart "build it and they will come") it is definately Moby and I think that it is on 18 I'm sure. If I was at home, I could find out straight away :) Damn

Thats the one. Its definately on one of those two and I'm being swayed towards 18 the more I think about it.

If no-one else has done it I'll check tonight when I get in from work.

Mal
03-01-2006, 13:39
I've got 18 and Play on Itunes right now - can I help? Does it have lyrics?
It's a sampled vocal, I think the "breaking my heart" is in it, but I am not sure.

Nugget
03-01-2006, 13:42
It's a sampled vocal, I think the "breaking my heart" is in it, but I am not sure.

Nah - that's Elton John & Kiki Dee ;) :p:

Russ
03-01-2006, 13:45

Hmm, still not sure, any more clues?

Mal
03-01-2006, 13:47

Nah - that's Elton John & Kiki Dee ;) :p:
:knock: It's not my fault that I'm useless at remembering lyrics :p: You remember what he's warbling ;) :D

Derek
03-01-2006, 13:48
I'm the line "In my arms" is repeated thoughout it.

I would check the clips on Amazon but that is blocked by the work firewall :mad:

Nugget
03-01-2006, 13:49
:knock: It's not my fault that I'm useless at remembering lyrics :p: You remember what he's warbling ;) :D

The problem is that I'm not convinced it's the actual Moby track - I think it's a cover, being sung by a woman :shrug:

And no, I can't remember the lyrics either ;) :p:

Mal
03-01-2006, 13:50

Hmm, still not sure, any more clues?Sorry, I'm not sure that he even sings that ;)

Russ
03-01-2006, 13:52
I think it's In My Heart - I've seen the advert once and this seems familiar but it's not sung by a woman :shrug:

Does it open with a piano-y bit?

Mal
03-01-2006, 13:57

The problem is that I'm not convinced it's the actual Moby track - I think it's a cover, being sung by a woman :shrug:

And no, I can't remember the lyrics either ;) :p:
I'm sure that I remember it from 18. He sampled a load of songs for Play and 18 from gospel (or similar style) tracks from the early 20th century.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I think it's In My Heart - I've seen the advert once and this seems familiar but it's not sung by a woman :shrug:

Does it open with a piano-y bit?Yes it does open with the piano. :) I think that is it. :)

Russ
03-01-2006, 14:00
I guessed it would be on 18 as all the Play tracks have been pimped to death.

"In my heart" it is then.

The rep button is below and to the left :D :Sprint:

Nugget
03-01-2006, 14:04

Does it open with a piano-y bit?

I think you could be right - as I said, it sounds like it's sung by a woman, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is :)

Anyway, looks like the ears are going now, along with the hair, eyes and knees :D

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Ooh ooh! CALLING ALL MODS!!!

Rep fishing going on!!!!

Oh, hang on - does it count when it's a Mod doing it :PP:

Russ
03-01-2006, 14:08
Oh, hang on - does it count when it's a Mod doing it :PP:

No - and I'll ban anyone who says otherwise :D :D

And I didn't say they had to be green :disturbd:

Nugget
03-01-2006, 14:15
And I didn't say they had to be green :disturbd:

Dammit - wish I'd known that about 10 minutes ago ;) :D

Damien
03-01-2006, 14:22
I guessed it would be on 18 as all the Play tracks have been pimped to death.

"In my heart" it is then.

Thats the correct song!

Tuftus
03-01-2006, 16:15
This website is usually pretty good for stuff like this -

http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/index.asp

hth