PDA

View Full Version : Men!! About breast cancer and breast screening.

Maggy
03-01-2006, 11:45
Dear gents,

as I'm over 50 year old woman I am offered the free service of a mammogram screening every three years.Whilst talking to the woman operator about how the units must have been designed by a man because they make no allowance for one's dignity or comfort she did let drop that the men that get referred to her don't like using it either.

When I asked her if she saw many men during the course of a year she did say she saw about a dozen men a year most of them elderly but a few younger men from time to time.She then did say most of them were usually terminal cases.

So I guess what I want to say is to the men on this forum that yes breast cancer kills more women per year BUT that men can also get it and do die from it.So I hope all of you are not only checking stuff south of the border but are keeping an eye on the nipple region as well.Early diagnosis is very important as it means you have a higher chance of survival. :tu:

Love,

Coggy.XXXXXX

Russ
03-01-2006, 11:47
Nice sentiments there Coggster - but on the subject of the equipment used not leaving you with much dignity, is there a realistic alternative?

Halcyon
03-01-2006, 11:48
Definately agree with you Coggy.
Its important to check things like this and it would be good if there was a similar check up service for men too.
Same goes with testicular cancer..... its important to check yourself on a regular basis too.

Jon M
03-01-2006, 11:52
Good advice there Coggy :tu:

Lets just hope no-one on here suffers from male lactation either :disturbd:

Stuart
03-01-2006, 11:56
Nice sentiments there Coggster - but on the subject of the equipment used not leaving you with much dignity, is there a realistic alternative?

Well,if you have Cancer, I suppose the only alternative is death..

Thanks for the heads up Coggy.

Tuftus
04-01-2006, 18:33
Great advice, Serious question though, what should us men be looking for though?

spiderplant
04-01-2006, 19:03
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.aspx?articleId=623&sectionId=3372

TheBlueRaja
04-01-2006, 19:09
I check my nads regularly...

Tuftus
04-01-2006, 19:30
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.aspx?articleId=623&sectionId=3372

:tu: cheers!

Salu
05-01-2006, 10:26