PDA

View Full Version : E-mails from ntlworld

Captain_caveman
07-11-2003, 15:08
In My ntl e-mail accounts I have been recieving messages from ntlworld with "Important information for all internet users"
I have several ntlworld e-mail addresses and have recieved 1 or 2 to each account, all sent on different days.
Is this Ntl genuinly trying to warn us about viruses or is it spam from someone trying to get hold of my details?

Cheers

Nemesis
07-11-2003, 15:10
In My ntl e-mail accounts I have been recieving messages from ntlworld with "Important information for all internet users"
I have several ntlworld e-mail addresses and have recieved 1 or 2 to each account, all sent on different days.
Is this Ntl genuinly trying to warn us about viruses or is it spam from someone trying to get hold of my details?

Cheers
I've seen these too, read the first one then deleted them all

Captain_caveman
07-11-2003, 15:24
I've done the same but the frequency of them slightly worries me. Surely ntl can't be that organised, these e-mails have only been sent out months after the inital threat.

MetaWraith
07-11-2003, 20:33
I've done the same but the frequency of them slightly worries me. Surely ntl can't be that organised, these e-mails have only been sent out months after the inital threat.

Did ya mean that DISorganised?

Captain_caveman
08-11-2003, 01:12
No I did mean organised, I wasn't expecting any e-mails about it for a year at least. ;)
It just seems strange that they send out the e-mail a couple of times to one of my e-mail addresses but only one to my other ntlworld. e-mail address.
Thats why I thought it may be spam or a virus.

Alan Ryan
14-11-2003, 18:13
I live on the edge of outer space I suppose because I've NEVER had an e-mail from NTL -either solicited or otherwise.

iadom
14-11-2003, 23:41
Well I have just had my monthly bill and it came with a leaflet advertising ntl broadband... I wonder how many of these are sent out to people like myself who have had Ntl BB for almost 2 years.? More waste paper.

Also got the two month late emails about the virus threats well.:sleep: