PDA

View Full Version : help - new year's eve parking in London

fisheddie
30-12-2005, 23:04
hi all, hope you had a great christmas and wish you all happy new year!

i am thinking of joining the firework tomorrow. since i dont live in london, i have to drive down and find a place to park. NCPs are well expensive and out of town free parking is too far to reach after the firework.

plan is to get to London early afternoon and find a cheap/free parking and enjoy my time there. any help is much appreciated ! ! (not sure if i can park in Single yellow lines tomorrow since its a special day )

Hom3r
30-12-2005, 23:06
Why not get a mainline train and walk?

Chris W
30-12-2005, 23:07
I guess most of the centre of town will be closed to cars because of the festivities.

From your location- why don't you get a train to Waterloo and walk from there? I am not sure what the trains are doing this year in the way of early morning services, but they are normally pretty good. (and no, we won't mention the tubes!)

One possibility is to get to somewhere in Zone 2/3/4 where you can park for free and then get a bus. Are you staying overnight or coming back in the early hours?

Will you be drinking or driving home straight away?

How well do you know London, because if you tell me which parts you know i can give you a few places to park...

Maggy
30-12-2005, 23:08
I believe there is a tube strike tomorrow evening as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4568374.stm

So things may be rather difficult all round with parking in London. :(

Hom3r
30-12-2005, 23:23
Or you could go to your local

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Pub that is

Maggy
30-12-2005, 23:36
Or you could go to your local

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Pub that is

Yeah right..round here that means a ticket affair and bouncers.It can get ridiculous trying to celebrate New Year round here.

MovedGoalPosts
30-12-2005, 23:43
There is a tube strike. As a result (although there have been requests for more) busses will be overloaded, and many subject to diversions and disruption due to road closure.

Trains are not noted for their service extensions. In fact most will only do a standard Saturday Service.

I'd steer clear and find and alternate New Years Celebration.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

fisheddie
31-12-2005, 02:06
many thanks all :D

i had to go since gf insist... hm, i will go and probably drop the car somewhere paid then move it to a single yellow line after 6:30.

no drinking will be invloved for me and i will be going home early in the morning. let me take some pics and upload them later !

fisheddie
01-01-2006, 05:46
happy new years guys... finally got back home at 4am (after stuck in central london for over an hour and 2 hours + on the motorway)

here are just a small selection of pics taken from the firework display, hope you guys enjoy them! i will try and get more up there later but for now it's really time for bed :D

http://my.opera.com/adeco/albums/show.dml?id=25668

punky
01-01-2006, 09:00
Wow, nice photos... Thanx for that.

Nidge
01-01-2006, 09:28
Seen them on BBC1 last night what a display, they were better than last years, only just though.