PDA

View Full Version : Connection Keeps Dropping Helllp

Fugazi68
30-12-2005, 12:28
Hi All

I've had a problem in the last day or so, my connection drops and no matter what I do I cannot get it to reconnect. It does connect eventually but it's quite random and has nothing to do with anything I have done.

When it happens I reset the modem, take the power out etc, etc but it doesn't help. I've got a motorola modem, all it does is sit with the power light on and the receive light blinking.

Any clues?

John

BorderLine
30-12-2005, 12:51
Are you using USB/Ethernet? If USB take it out for abit then plug it back in! Or, It could just be falling out?

MovedGoalPosts
30-12-2005, 13:29
Assuming that you only have the one PC, I'd suggest something has gone wrong with your connection. Call faults and see what they have to say.

Fugazi68
30-12-2005, 16:59
The issue is definately with the modem/connection, the modem is not connecting with the ntl network, the PC is definately connecting to the modem.

Is there a UK number for faults? where I can et an engineer out. I'd really rather not go through the Broadband tech support again, last time was not fun

John

quadplay
30-12-2005, 17:01
I've got a motorola modem, all it does is sit with the power light on and the receive light blinking.

Sounds like the modem can't find the downstream frequency, which could indicate the cable has been disconnected, either at the modem or the cab, or somewhere inbetween - alternatively, if it's intermittent, it could mean there's a signal problem.

Your best bet would be to call Broadband Technical Support on 0845 650 0121 when it's not working. They're open 8am-midnight, seven days a week (although I think they're closing early tomorrow for New Year). They can investigate and if necessary they can schedule an engineer to rectify the problem.