PDA

View Full Version : D/S light stopped flashing!!

ps2mint
26-12-2005, 16:24
Before Christmas the D/S light on my ntl cable modem (200 version i think) used to flash all the time - now for some strange reason it has stopped - internet still working however

Is there any deeper problems which may occur with this light not flashing?

LemonyBrainAid
26-12-2005, 16:46
Is it not flashing at all? Try visiting a page on a website and see if it flashes then.

It may be as simple as a broken L.E.D. ...

ps2mint
26-12-2005, 17:42
No, it actually lights up when i visit a web page!

sollp
26-12-2005, 20:40
The D/S light will flash when data is being passed to your modem, so when your browsing it will flash, when there is no activity it won't. If it is flashing all the time there could be a number of reasons for it, but i would check to see if you have a firewall, antivirus, adaware-spyware cleaner and give these a good working through to make sure you don't have anything that is on you pc that shouldn't be there.

Ignition
26-12-2005, 22:56
Unlike ADSL downstream activity all the time is a normal behaviour on cable networks. Also by changing a few settngs here and there this constant stream of downstream broadcasts can be pretty much eliminated, sometimes though it's not worth the hassle.

fudge
27-12-2005, 19:45
I have the 200 version and the D/S light has always flashed even when my computor is switched off. ( modem of course left on )

Ignition
28-12-2005, 00:58
I have the 200 version and the D/S light has always flashed even when my computor is switched off. ( modem of course left on )

Reread my post again, referring to settings. Type of modem you have isn't really an issue it's settings on the uBR you connect to and other things.