PDA

View Full Version : Tulip Mobile UK

Russ
24-12-2005, 13:05
Just had an unsolicited call from these guys, you know the score: bloke in an indian callcentre tells me "Congratulations" because I will be receiving a new mobile phone in the next 3 working days. Most people normally hang up at this point but I did what you're supposed to do: waste their time by listening to the whole offer, sound interested when they ask what you think of the phone and just when they ask for your details, tell them you've deliberately wasted their time and don't want the phone, then hang up.

Only this time, the guys decided to call me back and said "Hey mister - **** off".

I've already reported him to the UK section of Tulip....

bopdude
24-12-2005, 15:41

Nice one Russ, I just hang up on them, bloody annoying, reminds me of a friends story, the usual thing, upvc double glazing guy calls up on the phone :blah: :blah: :blah: and my mate says, " yes. call round, my adress is ....., so anyway, the salesman calls at the pre-arranged time, my mate opens the door and says, thanks for wasting my time on the phone, you've just had a wasted trip, **** off, like his style. :D :tu:

Nidge
25-12-2005, 06:51
Just had an unsolicited call from these guys, you know the score: bloke in an indian callcentre tells me "Congratulations" because I will be receiving a new mobile phone in the next 3 working days. Most people normally hang up at this point but I did what you're supposed to do: waste their time by listening to the whole offer, sound interested when they ask what you think of the phone and just when they ask for your details, tell them you've deliberately wasted their time and don't want the phone, then hang up.

Only this time, the guys decided to call me back and said "Hey mister - **** off".

Like the things we are getting from Tmobile, a mate of mine got a call a few weeks ago telling him he'd won a free phone from Tmobile, they asked him his name? He said Santa Clause, they asked him how old he was? He said 300 years old, they asked him where he banked? He said he kept his money under the bed. He was on to him for ages, the sales rep never clicked on.