PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite bit of Christmas?

ScaredWebWarrior
23-12-2005, 14:00
When you wake up on Christmas morning, what do you most look forward to?
Is it the excited shrieks from the kids, going to church, unwrapping the presents, the first drink of the day or the huge dinner?

I like the TV off, the stereo on with lots of seasonal tunes, and sitting down with the kids to find out what's under the tree. When they were much smaller it was a delight to see their faces first thing (once that was 2 am!) in the morning.

I hope you too have someone to share it with.

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all!

andyl
23-12-2005, 14:03
I just love Christmas day. After the excited ankle-biters have opened their pressies we always have friends round in the morning for Bucks Fizz and nibbles, so that's a cool start. Then there's that long, luxurious lunch, late afternoon snooze and evening booze.

The best bit? I love it all.

Echo SWW in wishing everyone a very merry one.:)

Nugget
23-12-2005, 14:04
Well, capitalist that I am (;) ), I'm afraid it's the presents for me :D

Having said that, you really can't beat it when even Dad Nug offers me a beer at 11 in the morning :)

EDIT: Forgot to add that, seeing as this will be last day on here until I'm back at the work in the New Year, I hope everyone has a spiffing Christmas and New Year (oh and, if by some strange occurrence, anyone has any beer left, just send me a PM, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you ;) ). Have a good one all!

homealone
23-12-2005, 14:13
Well, capitalist that I am (;) ), I'm afraid it's the presents for me :D

Having said that, you really can't beat it when even Dad Nug offers me a beer at 11 in the morning :)

EDIT: Forgot to add that, seeing as this will be last day on here unti, I'm back at the work in the New Year, I hope everyone has a spiffing Christmas and New Year (oh and, if by some strange occurrence, anyone has any beer left, just send me a PM, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you ;) ). Have a good one all!

Thanks - you & Pumpkin have a good one, too :tu:

Favourite bit of Christmas - all of it :)

ScaredWebWarrior
23-12-2005, 14:21
(oh and, if by some strange occurrence, anyone has any beer left, just send me a PM, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you ;) ).I haven't found a way to make an attachment from beer cans to send in a PM - guess I'll just have to drink it myself! :)

Nugget
23-12-2005, 14:26
I haven't found a way to make an attachment from beer cans to send in a PM - guess I'll just have to drink it myself! :)

Gah - whatever happened to sharing at Christmas :D

LemonyBrainAid
23-12-2005, 14:30
Presents, Neer, and Dinner :D

/me stares at Nugfart's "Services" with amazement and confusion

Nugget
23-12-2005, 14:32
Presents, Neer, and Dinner :D

/me stares at Nugfart's "Services" with amazement and confusion

What's 'Neer' ;)

As for the services, it's your Dad you've got to worry about :D (although I'd have thought it was more shock and revulsion anyway :disturbd: )

LemonyBrainAid
23-12-2005, 14:35
What's 'Neer' ;)

As for the services, it's your Dad you've got to worry about :D (although I'd have thought it was more shock and revulsion anyway :disturbd: )

Well Nem's told me about the nug-profile/avatar etc modding that he enjoys... And advised me to call you Nugfart...

Nugget
23-12-2005, 14:44
Well Nem's told me about the nug-profile/avatar etc modding that he enjoys... And advised me to call you Nugfart...

How old are you again? I refuse to believe that you take any advice from Nem :D

As for the Nugfart, I'd just like to mention Ilikemenesis - there's a reason he's called that, you know ;)

Saaf_laandon_mo
23-12-2005, 14:45
:p: Has to be dinner for me..... and in the best of non PC traditions I'd like to wish everyone a happy CHRISTMAS, not happy snow day , happy winters day etc etc...........Oh and a happy new year too !!:p:

LemonyBrainAid
23-12-2005, 14:47
How old are you again? I refuse to believe that you take any advice from Nem :D

As for the Nugfart, I'd just like to mention Ilikemenesis - there's a reason he's called that, you know ;)
You'll have to tell me about that Ilikemenesis - I don't seem to remember him telling me about that one - wonder why... :D

EDIT: Ohhhh... I just got it...

Nugget
23-12-2005, 14:48
You'll have to tell me about that Ilikemenesis - I don't seem to remember him telling me about that one - wonder why... :D

Can't imagine :angel:

Anyway, I hope the two of you have a corking Christmas :)

Tuftus
23-12-2005, 14:51
I enjoy the time off work with friends and family.

Halcyon
23-12-2005, 15:22
Catching up with all the family, opening presents, having fun, snow, the magic of it all, putting up the christmas tree.
I love it.

Millay
23-12-2005, 16:13
Well my favourite part of christmas iss getting all my familly together, i also like the same with my friends.. its just a great time to get together.

Bex
23-12-2005, 19:18
i think the best bit is seeing everyone open their presents and seeing the happiness and delight on their faces. also spenidng time with people you love.

Graham
23-12-2005, 19:29
When you wake up on Christmas morning, what do you most look forward to?

When the damn thing is over :mad:

Humbug, anybody? :)

poolking
24-12-2005, 10:59
When the damn thing is over :mad:

Humbug, anybody? :)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/12/2.jpg

Slyder
24-12-2005, 11:08
Your favourite bit of Christmas?

When its all over and the kids are back at school.... muhahah :mad: ... nahh J/K

But if I was to answer on a serious level, I would say the pressys this year as I have a PSP and a 360 to look forward to. Me and a friend spent £100 quid on booze last night so drink would be next and then last but not least spending quality time with my partner (even if she has to work Christmas day), family and friends. :)