PDA

View Full Version : Incompetance!!

Andyg10
23-12-2005, 12:39
After trying to subscribe to sky, we had a lot of dish placement issues. We decided to try NTL instead. What a bad mistake that was!!

Firstly, we were told we were in an analogue only area, so we would not be able to have a digital box, which is fair enough.

I took a day off to have the box fitted and we thought that would be that. The channels had not come on after 4 hours, so i rang CS and they said it can take up to 6 hours, so i waited another 2 hours and still nothing.

After a long wait, i was informed that a DIGITAL box had been fitted.

I had to take another day off, so an engineer could come and fit another box.

The engineer came out and fitted another box for us and AGAIN i thought that was that. It wasnt. A further 6 hours later and still no channels.
I rang again and was told a second time that the wrong box had been fitted.

Is it just me, or is this stupidity or downright incompetance!!

I rang the Area Manager (Martin Goodman) and he assured me that the issues would be resolved asap.

EVENTUALLY the correct box was fitted the next day after 3 days and 3 engineers had come out.

If that wasnt enough, because i was due to have NTL Broadband and the telephone line fitted as well, and the line was to be changed from BT to NTL, I found out that BT hadnt even been told of the change and that they were as baffled as i was.

Needless to say, i cancelled my subscribtion after a mere 20 mins of having it.

Also, to top it all off, i was also told by the 3rd engineer that you CANT EVEN HAVE BROADBAND ON A ANALOGUE LINE!!! WHY WAS I EVEN OFFERED IT THEN!!

UNBELIVABLE!!

I work for a Market Reaseach company and CS is at the forefront of our business. I we ever did Research for NTL, they would be out of business by now if this is the level of CS offered by their staff!!

I would like at the least an explanation of all this. I am seriously thinking of claiming for compensation and loss of earnings as well and taking the issues further.

Jon M
23-12-2005, 12:40
You've already posted this elsewhere.. which one do you want to keep?

Download Failed (1) by the way :)

MovedGoalPosts
23-12-2005, 12:55
I've deleted the other posting so you can have your own thread :D

Also moved to ntl installation ;)

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

I can understand your frustration. It seems ntl either get it right first time, or it goes monumentally wrong. Bear in mind that there must be a happy percentage of customers our there who do have painless installs, it's more that forums frequently attract the disenchanted.

Unfortunately there isn't a great deal Cable Fourm can do to assist you if your area does not support the service levels you actually require. One day ntl may upgrade the areas where digital services are not yet available, but don't hold your breath.

Neil
23-12-2005, 13:21
I am seriously thinking of claiming for compensation and loss of earnings as well and taking the issues further.

Fairly standard level of left hand/right hand stuff from ntl I'm afraid.

Also-there's no way you can claim any level of compensation for residential services-we're not in the USA you know!

Stick with Sky & BT. ;)

Slyder
23-12-2005, 21:29
I work for a Market Reaseach company and CS is at the forefront of our business. I we ever did Research for NTL, they would be out of business by now if this is the level of CS offered by their staff!!.

Please do... this I would love to see, if not your company then maybe we should get Watchdog on NTL's back because this kind of treatment is not exactly an isolated example.

I would like at the least an explanation of all this. I am seriously thinking of claiming for compensation and loss of earnings as well and taking the issues further.

I would get straight on the phone to NTL retentions and claim for exactly the above reason, or at least try. ;)

th'engineer
23-12-2005, 22:03
Nice to see that NTL can still exceed levels just hen you think they have improved

spike7451
27-12-2005, 22:11
After trying to subscribe to sky, we had a lot of dish placement issues. We decided to try NTL instead. What a bad mistake that was!!

Also, to top it all off, i was also told by the 3rd engineer that you CANT EVEN HAVE BROADBAND ON A ANALOGUE LINE!!! WHY WAS I EVEN OFFERED IT THEN!!

UNBELIVABLE!!

I think the 3rd engineer is talking c***! Londonderry is Analog only & they have Cable Modem Broadband!

Ignition
28-12-2005, 02:28
I think the 3rd engineer is talking c***! Londonderry is Analog only & they have Cable Modem Broadband!

Yup for various reasons most of the areas where there's no internet service available have digital TV.

You didn't mention where in the country you were. Leicester has areas which are analogue TV only but have internet services, that's the one example that comes to mind.

spike7451
28-12-2005, 07:29
Yup for various reasons most of the areas where there's no internet service available have digital TV.

You didn't mention where in the country you were. Leicester has areas which are analogue TV only but have internet services, that's the one example that comes to mind.
Belfast,as it says in my header under ocation:tu:

fudge
28-12-2005, 15:01
For ntl to get a good name for them self they need to start looking at the install side of things first, and ask the question why are bad things happening on installs , I had ntl installed last feb.05 and it was such a nightmare my first thoughts were ive made a big mistake , ( and of course thats what i told people ) yes the probs were sorted in the end but only after i complained to customer concerns , A manager from ntl came to my house and told me his job is to get ntl sorted out and to get ntl a good name, its a shame as it looks like his not succeded.
Lets face it no matter who your dealing with good first impressions go a long way.