PDA

View Full Version : PS2, ntl.... wireless??

funklectic
23-12-2005, 11:44
Hello all.
okay... please bear with me. This may get a little complicated.
I have ntl broadband and my modem is connected to a wi-fi router. I receive my internet connection on my pc wirelessly because when the effing NTL guy came round, he was too lazy to install my modem anywhere near my pc.

Now, i want to know if i can still connect my PS2 online without being anywhere near my modem. The television that i use my PS2 on is nowhere near the modem... infact, its on a different floor of the house.

anyone out there have any advice?? is it possible to connect the PS2 wirelessly?? :eh:

Saaf_laandon_mo
23-12-2005, 11:46
I think you can get a wireless network adaptor for ps2s. I don't know which ones are any good tho

funklectic
23-12-2005, 11:54
cool... do you know where from?? havent found anything online...

Neil
23-12-2005, 11:56
Hello all.
okay... please bear with me. This may get a little complicated.
I have ntl broadband and my modem is connected to a wi-fi router. I receive my internet connection on my pc wirelessly because when the effing NTL guy came round, he was too lazy to install my modem anywhere near my pc.

Now, i want to know if i can still connect my PS2 online without being anywhere near my modem. The television that i use my PS2 on is nowhere near the modem... infact, its on a different floor of the house.

anyone out there have any advice?? is it possible to connect the PS2 wirelessly?? :eh:

All you need is a 'Wireless Gaming Adaptor'

They are basically a wireless device with an ethernet connection that connects to the ethernet port of your PS2, XBOX etc.

Some examples here (http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/default_ShopGroup.asp?ShopGroupID=30)

HTH, & :welcome: to the site. :)

funklectic
23-12-2005, 12:00
thank you very much Neil

mick70
23-12-2005, 16:02
My PS2 is linked wirelessly and works sweet, just post for any advice.

Hom3r
24-12-2005, 12:34
mick70 what wireless kit do you use

funklectic
24-12-2005, 13:06
thank you very much ppl. as soon as i have the neccessary hardware, i'll be jumping on here if i have any problems.... cant wait to get started on ProEvo5

mick70
25-12-2005, 11:09
I use a cheap Linksys 802.11b router £30, and a Linksys WET11 bridge £30. All works fine.

funklectic
29-12-2005, 14:31
hey mick. i finally have all the neccessary hardware.
i have just installed the network adapter onto the ps2.
what difficulties will i encounter from this point onwards.... ??
do i just insert the access disk and go from there...??
will the ps2 recognise my gaming adapter automatically??
your help and knowledge will be much appreciated.

mick70
29-12-2005, 17:32
Just follow the set up instructions, make sure you write down all passwords!!!
Connect an ethernet cat 5 cable to router then to ps2 to go online first time. When you are all set up then go wireless.Any probs please ask.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

A good online game that is easy to play/set up is Pro Evo 5.;)

funklectic
29-12-2005, 21:03
well... before i got a chance to read your reply i was setting up the ps2 using the wireless with no luck... it was recognising the network but kept failing when tryin to obtain my dns. tomorrow i will do as you suggested. i have bought all the hardware just to play pro evo5 online... i cant wait. again, thanx for your help.

mick70
30-12-2005, 00:35
I will help all I can, look forward to playing you at Pro 5 online. My player name is MICKUK.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

Go wireless with no encryption first, then go safe when stable.

funklectic
30-12-2005, 22:20
i managed to get it to work today after connecting it directly to my router to set it up as you suggested.
Took it back upstairs, where i managed to get a game through the wireless, although it was a bit slow and as a result i got beat 4-0!!
I needed to reboot the modem as for some reason the internet connection to my pc wasnt up although it was picking up the network.
after i did that, i havnt been able to connect to pro evo5 netplay again. kept failing at the DNAS stage.... so i gave up having to take the ps and my television downstairs yet again... what am i doing wrong??

mick70
31-12-2005, 11:23
Are you saying it works perfect wired but not wireless?

funklectic
31-12-2005, 13:52
it worked wirelessly, but ever since i rebooted my modem, it hasnt connected again. also, everytime i switch on my pc now, its not picking up an internet connection unless i reboot the modem.... im frocked!!

funklectic
09-01-2006, 11:13
okay... i finally got everything to work... my set-up was fine as was my config. Stupidly and somehow subconsciously, i connected the modem into the router into the wrong port. this is what was causing the wireless connection to my pc to fail. thanks again for your help Mick.... look for me online, i have the same user name as here.... easy.