PDA

View Full Version : Best Man

peachey
05-11-2003, 16:31
has anyone ever been best man at a wedding?

what calamaties befell you?

Chris
05-11-2003, 16:39
Yes, I've had that honour, and it all went pretty smoothly, except for the groom insisting on a haircut and a go on a sunbed on the morning of the big day. I had to drive him in to Paisley to find a hairdresser (neither of us knew the place so we were wandering around cluelessly), hover on yellow lines for half an hour, then find a solarium, hover on more yellow lines, then my way back to the hotel with him so he was ready in time. He was quite chilled out with it all, I was inwardly having kittens. :disturbd:

EDIT: Have you ever been a bridesmaid?

Theodoric
05-11-2003, 19:06
Yes, I've had that honour, and it all went pretty smoothly, except for the groom insisting on a haircut and a go on a sunbed on the morning of the big day. I had to drive him in to Paisley to find a hairdresser (neither of us knew the place so we were wandering around cluelessly), hover on yellow lines for half an hour, then find a solarium, hover on more yellow lines, then my way back to the hotel with him so he was ready in time. He was quite chilled out with it all, I was inwardly having kittens. :disturbd:

EDIT: Have you ever been a bridesmaid?
What, as in always a bridesmaid, never a bride? :)

peachey
05-11-2003, 21:25
What, as in always a bridesmaid, never a bride? :)

curiosly enough, I did catch the thrown bouquet at the last but one wedding I attended

philip.j.fry
05-11-2003, 21:27
Been best man, no calamities though, it was only a small wedding with 4 of us there in total.

peachey
05-11-2003, 21:29
Been best man, no calamities though, it was only a small wedding with 4 of us there in total.

that is a small wedding

but probably a sensible way to go about stuff

even if the 'conga' turned out a bit 'lacklustre'

Bex
05-11-2003, 22:10
that is a small wedding

but probably a sensible way to go about stuff

even if the 'conga' turned out a bit 'lacklustre'

i like big weddings...but then i have a big family....

how many times is it u have to be a braidsmaid and thus never a bride?......

i've been a bridesmaid 4/5 times :erm:

Chimaera
05-11-2003, 22:32
Erm - I think it's twice Bexy! :cry:

Bex
05-11-2003, 23:45
Erm - I think it's twice Bexy! :cry:

ach well if some of the horrors ive dated, and the man i was going to marry are anyhting to go by maybe it is better than i not marry ;):p but i wanna have kids someday :cry:

peachey
05-11-2003, 23:49
ach well if some of the horrors ive dated, and the man i was going to marry are anyhting to go by maybe it is better than i not marry ;):p but i wanna have kids someday :cry:

tell us about some of the foibles of the horrors bexy

Bex
05-11-2003, 23:52
tell us about some of the foibles of the horrors bexy

:erm: think some stories should be kept personal........

Chris
06-11-2003, 09:19
curiosly enough, I did catch the thrown bouquet at the last but one wedding I attended
Nice one ... so would you be a bridesmaid if someone asked you to?

aliferste
06-11-2003, 13:35
Nice one ... so would you be a bridesmaid if someone asked you to?

Of course she would.......Its every womens dream to be one.....isnt it???

Theodoric
07-11-2003, 19:28
Bride + groom + best man + priest (or registrar) = 4. Yes, I see. But, hold on a minute, you need 2 witnesses; who were they?

Bex
07-11-2003, 19:36
Of course she would.......Its every womens dream to be one.....isnt it???

think its most women's dream to be a bride....normally to have the big wedding, and a wonderful, gorgeous man........

of course this rarely happens :( lol