PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic!!! ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gary_580
05-11-2003, 13:39
Would like some advice on the best approach to solve this please.

I recently bought a Panasonic TV and also a Panasonic home cinema system. Very pleased with the sound, picture, facilties etc BUT theres a problem. The stand provided with the TV contains 2 glass shelves and looks pretty good. However the Home Cinema system has a 5 disc DVD player in it which you might appreciate is quite deep due to holding 5 discs in a carosel (sp?) The player only just fits on the shelf (well it does over hang, but the feet do just fit) but this is without cables attached to it. As soon as you attach cables to the player it no longer fits on the shelf as the cables foul on the back of the stand. You can squeeze it on to the shelf on half of the front feet if you move it off centre on the stand which looks ridiculous.

Now, ive been in email ping pong with Panasonic and they say that all they can offer is to take the goods back for a refund. Now, i dont think this is satisfactory for 3 reasons,

1. I actually like the set up and have not seen anything better for the price (which wasnt cheap)

2. The 2003/2004 catalogue clearly shows these two products together (i can only assume with out cables)

3. I had to buy loads of other bits which i will have to keep even if the stuff goes back to Panasonic.

I've suggested other options to them, like they redesign the shelf so thati t will fit and therefore benefit all customers or conpensate me so that i can get replacement glass shelves made that are slightly deeper or cheapest for them, upgrade my home cinema component to the next model which doesnt hold 5 discs and therefore is smaller but is a DVD recorder and wasnt available last month when i bought mine.

Now, considering that the brochure shows these 2 products together isnt this a case of misleading advertising? Can trading standards help?

Anyone have any ideas how i can move this forward without having to send it all back?

Chris
05-11-2003, 13:49
Legally, they are correct in offering you a refund. However they may well have committed an offence if you can't do with the kit what they suggested you could through their catalogue. If you wish to pursue it, contact your local council's trading standards department. They may give Panasonic a good kicking but you will not get any better than your refund.

gary_580
05-11-2003, 13:53
I've suggested that i will contact trading standards hoping that they will think its less hassle just to offer a decent resolution other that a refund which is going to be a lot of hassle.