PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Jobs in Farnborough

Louise_Jones
19-12-2005, 21:26
Does anyone know of any part-time job vacancies in Farnborough, Hampshire? I am at college and would like a part-time job in addition to college. Thanks

Louise Jones

Paul
19-12-2005, 22:11
Why not try the local job centre, and the local papers.

KingPhoenix
19-12-2005, 22:22
What sort of job? (industry wise) or just something to earn cash? What are you studying etc?

smicer07
19-12-2005, 22:28
More importantly: are you fit and single? :D :p:

Louise_Jones
19-12-2005, 22:37
Just a job to make money. Not a career.

Chris W
19-12-2005, 22:39
what sort of job? pub? restaurant? waiting? delivering? leafleting? charity (harrassing people in the high street for direct debit details)? call centre? medical research?

got to give as a clue as to what you are good at really!! there must be 100s of jobs in that area, where have you looked so far?

Louise_Jones
19-12-2005, 22:44
Any job really.

smicer07
19-12-2005, 22:45
Best to just look in your local paper, I'm sure there'll be loads of different things.

Chris W
19-12-2005, 22:46
Well I'm afraid unless you help us i'm afraid we can't help you much.

Did you expect to post on this forum with no information given to us at all and for someone to just hand you a job??

Tuftus
20-12-2005, 08:40
Nice welcome there then.... :rolleyes:

:welcome: Louise!

Stuart
20-12-2005, 10:28
Louise, :welcome: to CableForum.

Assuming you are old enough, have you thought about asking in local pubs for bar work?

Louise_Jones
21-03-2006, 17:38
Bump

Halcyon
21-03-2006, 17:46
You really need to look in a local newspaper. Some have days where they have pull out job guides in them.
You can also try looking on the www.jobcentreplus.co.uk site and specify your location and do a job serach through that.

Also look in yourlocal post office for job vacancies in the window or at your local tesco if you want shift work.

Paul K
21-03-2006, 17:47
Not really a good idea to bump your own thread ;) but do you have any previous employment history (paid or voluntary) or marketable (clean) skills? Unless anyone here is from Farnborough we may not be able to help much, have you tried local job search engines, Job centers even local community notice boards?

Pia
21-03-2006, 17:48
I recommend getting a job in a Hotel, it's what i do, and can open your eyes to all sorts of people:erm:

The hours are good for college too, if you're studying, because a restaurant will usually open at around 7 meaning you can start work at around 6 and also weekend work. Most are really flexible too. But it can be hard work.

Try a search here, i did do one already for you but the link won't show it:(
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Internet/jobGroup.do?action=new

Louise_Jones
21-03-2006, 18:12
I would like to work doing data entry/input.

LSainsbury
21-03-2006, 18:18
I suppose you shoudn't have left your other job eh Louise?

Obviously you completley ignored my previous post....oh well - you'll learn the hard way!! Good luck with job hunting!

Pia
21-03-2006, 18:19
I would like to work doing data entry/input.
You mean typing numbers and suchlike into a computer all day? :erm:

LSainsbury
21-03-2006, 18:19
I recommend getting a job in a Hotel, it's what i do, and can open your eyes to all sorts of people:erm:

...like chefs.....right Pia? :D :D

BTW - what sort of chef is he?

...and don't say "one that cooks food" or i'll send the boys round....err second thoughts - that might be a tad dangerous with you!! LOL!!

Pia
21-03-2006, 18:28

...like chefs.....right Pia? :D :D

BTW - what sort of chef is he?

...and don't say "one that cooks food" or i'll send the boys round....err second thoughts - that might be a tad dangerous with you!! LOL!!
LOL, yeah, like sexy chefs:blush: Mind you, having worked there for 5 years he's the only chef i've ever fancied:shrug:
He's a chef de partie, with sexy blue eyes;) :rofl:

Aragorn
21-03-2006, 20:14
Do you mean part-time at weekends or during the daytime?

You could check out IBM (near the council offices) or Sun (jn 4a), although they probably use temp agencies. If it's weekend part-time you are after I guess it will be either retail in Princesmead / Farnborough Gate or restaurant/fast food work.
If you can get there, why not take Pia's suggestion and ring the Queens Hotel - might have something going.
Another possibility to consider is one of the school nurseries - frequently looking for lunchtime assistants.

LSainsbury
21-03-2006, 21:55
You could check out IBM (near the council offices)

Hey - I used to work there! (IBM - not the council offices!)

Or you could try that large hotel between Farnborough and Aldershot - Potters I think it's called!