PDA

View Full Version : Freeview

Nor
15-12-2005, 16:38
Lo all,

Buying a new TV and since the price between the non-freeview TV and the one which includes it is pennies I thought I'd get the one which had freeview in it.

I have NTL Digital, but thought it'd allow me to watch and recore more channels. I could record E4 while watching Sky Movies or something.

Had a question though. Would I need to connect the freeview to a regular aerial? or would I be able to just plug in my analogue rf cable from my NTL box into it? Sorry if that's a really stupid question :)

Thanks in advance.

Chris
15-12-2005, 16:43
The NTL cable does not carry Freeview signals, so you won't get anything that way. The analogue signals are there though, and as IIRC digital tellys also still have analogue tuners, you should pick those up.

If you want to take advantage of the digital tuner in your telly to receive the Freeview service, you will indeed have to connect it to a separate aerial.

Nor
15-12-2005, 17:01
Thanks a lot Chris, that answers my question.

weedeancee
17-12-2005, 00:11
hi im new here but do u know were to get the freeview codes from for red hot tonight thanks

Bill C
17-12-2005, 00:18
hi im new here but do u know were to get the freeview codes from for red hot tonight thanks

:LOL:

Not on here .

Phone them up and pay for them :)

:LOL:

Hom3r
26-12-2005, 10:46
This is strange (http://www.freeview.co.uk/canireceivefreeview/index.html)
I type my post code i get this FREEVIEW doesn’t cover your area for the postcode
I type my postcode where I used to work, about 1 mile away I get FREEVIEW covers your area for the postcode
My sisters FREEVIEW covers your area for the postcode CM19 xxx ** but you probably need a new type of aerial.

So should I get a DVB usb stick??

jrhnewark
26-12-2005, 14:39
As I said in the other thread, that website's as useful as a choccie teapot. :)