PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Wisdom Teeth

liamboyle06
13-12-2005, 08:34
hi yall, have only had about 8 hours sleep for the past 3 days and feeling a bit tired :tired: . Basically I have had a wisdom tooth coming up for a long time now and Dentist says just to keep washing with mouthwash.
Only thing is the pain is excruiting, and keeps me from sleeping.
Does anyone know or can recommend anything to kill the pain?

I have been taking pain killers(Ibrofren, Co-Codomal, Anadin) but they only last a couple of hours and can only take so many of them a day(8 a day) but the pain is everlasting.

Bex
13-12-2005, 08:44
hi yall, have only had about 8 hours sleep for the past 3 days and feeling a bit tired :tired: . Basically I have had a wisdom tooth coming up for a long time now and Dentist says just to keep washing with mouthwash.
Only thing is the pain is excruiting, and keeps me from sleeping.
Does anyone know or can recommend anything to kill the pain?

I have been taking pain killers(Ibrofren, Co-Codomal, Anadin) but they only last a couple of hours and can only take so many of them a day(8 a day) but the pain is everlasting.

morning

I have the same problem, have you tried putting bonjella (sp?) on the gums to ease them a bit???
i do not find that taking pain killers really works very well

i do sympathise with you. My wisdom teeth have been attempting to come through for about 6 years now.

Nemesis
13-12-2005, 08:44
Have a look for Dentagen, it's a gel based pain killer for toothache. It's based around clove oil and smells a bit, but it takes the pain away.

Julian
13-12-2005, 08:45
Best selling/most successful (according to customers) for us is Anadin Ultra Ibuprofen. :)

Download Failed (1)

monkey2468
13-12-2005, 09:35
Best selling/most successful (according to customers) for us is Anadin Ultra Ibuprofen. :)

http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/assets/product_images/detail/AnadinUltra32.jpg
These are what I took. Used to take them with 2 paracetamol when it was really bad. The pain never lasted more than a week.

Chrysalis
13-12-2005, 09:43
interesting I have never seen anadin ultra anywhere.

SMHarman
13-12-2005, 09:54
Has it been X-rayed to ensure it is coming through properly.

Mine looked like they were coming through great, not at an angle or anything, this was because they were coming through at a right angle to how they should and you could see a nice square side of the tooth. Pushed all the teeth in my bottom jaw forward a bit before all of them were extracted.

liamboyle06
13-12-2005, 10:01
Has it been X-rayed to ensure it is coming through properly.

Mine looked like they were coming through great, not at an angle or anything, this was because they were coming through at a right angle to how they should and you could see a nice square side of the tooth. Pushed all the teeth in my bottom jaw forward a bit before all of them were extracted.
Dentist said they appear to be coming up correctly, they are partically erupted, so can see half of each one.
Will have to wait til lunch to sneak out to get some of the suggestions.

Bonjella is quite good for numbing it, but pain is back shortly after applying.

Xaccers
13-12-2005, 18:51
I used bonjella, and you're right it doesn't last long.
There's not a lot you can do, don't even think they make wisdom-teething rings.
Just be grateful you can't remember when all your milk teeth were coming through!

Chimaera
13-12-2005, 19:07
I always found Corsodyl mouthwash quite good? Mine still give me problems as they erupted sideways and get infected about once a year - and I'm just about the right side of 50! Might get them taken out one of these days.

Maggy
13-12-2005, 19:11
Swill neat whisky around your mouth..Doesn't do much but by the end of the day you might feel happier...;)

Seriously though I should go back to your dentist or see a doctor.They might have a better suggestion. :)

Ramrod
13-12-2005, 19:41
I used to just bite down on the bugger.....in the end it stopped hurting.