PDA

View Full Version : Rebate from British Gas - Over 70 / Benefit

Basisboy
12-12-2005, 11:33
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
Don't know if you've heard about this one....

I don't think this has been widely published - something I've not heard about.

British Gas are giving their customers a rebate to all those aged over 70, or on certain benefits (don't know which ones).

The telephone number is 0845 6032430
Option "1" rebate

My mum has rang up and got £40 off - she could have got more off if she had her electricity with them as well.

Pass the message around!

Cheers

Enuff
12-12-2005, 19:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
Don't know if you've heard about this one....

I don't think this has been widely published - something I've not heard about.

British Gas are giving their customers a rebate to all those aged over 70, or on certain benefits (don't know which ones).

The telephone number is 0845 6032430
Option "1" rebate

My mum has rang up and got £40 off - she could have got more off if she had her electricity with them as well.

Pass the message around!

CheersThnx m8, I just called them they are sending me £40 rebate from my gas and £20 from my electric... :D

Your post has been nominated for most helpful post of december!

Julian
12-12-2005, 20:09
Good info. thank you. :)

Interesting that there is NOTHING about it on the British Gas website :rolleyes:

A PR gesture - but don't tell anybody.

Enuff
16-12-2005, 18:56
I just hope other members read this post, if they cant benefit from it, maybe their friends and family will. :) Oh, nearly forgot... I recieved the letter this morning confirming when and how I will recieve my £60.00. Think I'll go and buy that extra large turkey in the butchers window!! ;)

marky
16-12-2005, 19:46
Does anybody know which Benefits,
Incapacity, Income support, DLA :shrug: