PDA

View Full Version : I should have ducked.

iadom
08-12-2005, 20:48
Never argue with a squash racket, especially when someone else is holding it.
I 'wore one' last night, still wupped his ass, 3-0. :D
http://x12.putfile.com/12/34114340945-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/34114340945.jpg&s=x12)

bopdude
08-12-2005, 21:58
Never argue with a squash racket, especially when someone else is holding it.
I 'wore one' last night, still wupped his ass, 3-0. :D

OUCH looks sore, tep, you should have ducked ..lol

cookie_365
08-12-2005, 22:31
Yikes that's ugly :Yikes:

And the bruise on your eye doesn't look too nice either ..... ;)

MadGamer
08-12-2005, 22:38
Have you been to your doctor about that? , it looks nasry.

homealone
08-12-2005, 23:07
Have you been to your doctor about that? , it looks nasry.

aren't they those lines in Peru? ;)

looks painful, iadom :erm:

- glad to see yours was the ultimate victory :cool:

Ramrod
08-12-2005, 23:11
Nice one........should have iced it asap. :D

(don't bother the GP with it unless you can't move your eyeball properly)

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

aren't they those lines in Peru? ;)
Nazca, fool! :p: :D

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Yikes that's ugly :Yikes:I know, pick us a winner!:D

iadom
08-12-2005, 23:18
Thanks for your concerns, if you look closely you will see a small scar at the point of impact, above the eyelid, eyes are OK and I will be back on court tomorrow, I have played for well over 25 years and never had a really bad one. (yet ;) )

The modern titanium/graphite rackets are a lethal weapon in the wrong hands.:)

danielf
08-12-2005, 23:34
Thanks for your concerns, if you look closely you will see a small scar at the point of impact, above the eyelid, eyes are OK and I will be back on court tomorrow, I have played for well over 25 years and never had a really bad one. (yet ;) )

The modern titanium/graphite rackets are a lethal weapon in the wrong hands.:)

I can't see anything but a red cross where I presume you pic was.

Talking of Squash injuries: Last one I had I was when I was storming towards the T, when my opponent was storming towards me. High velocity collision... Result: one set of bruised ribs caused by my elbow being slammed into my ribs. I couldn't play for 6 weeks :bigcry:

Edit: Ah, I see the pic now. I don't see how that should deter you from playing tomorrow ;) . Incidentally, I heard that a really nasty squash injury is when you get the ball in your eye. The ball fits in the eye socket, and can apparently result in the eye 'dropping' as the tissue underneath it will give way :Yikes:

Halcyon
08-12-2005, 23:46
Nice make up :D

Seriosuly though, hope you are ok. That must have been painful.
Well done for still winning :tu:

iadom
09-12-2005, 09:26
I can't see anything but a red cross where I presume you pic was.

Talking of Squash injuries: Last one I had I was when I was storming towards the T, when my opponent was storming towards me. High velocity collision... Result: one set of bruised ribs caused by my elbow being slammed into my ribs. I couldn't play for 6 weeks :bigcry:

Edit: Ah, I see the pic now. I don't see how that should deter you from playing tomorrow ;) . Incidentally, I heard that a really nasty squash injury is when you get the ball in your eye. The ball fits in the eye socket, and can apparently result in the eye 'dropping' as the tissue underneath it will give way :Yikes:

What usually happens duy to the ball being an almost perfect fit into the average eye socket is that the ball compresses and sucks the eye out.:Yikes: Safety goggles are compulsory for all competitions in the USA and for most junior competition here. Generally you can spot the really dangerous players if you have enough experience, you just refuse to play them.

Ramrod
09-12-2005, 11:21
Incidentally, I heard that a really nasty squash injury is when you get the ball in your eye. The ball fits in the eye socket, and can apparently result in the eye 'dropping' as the tissue underneath it will give way :Yikes:Yep, it's called a 'blowout' fracture.......

iadom
09-12-2005, 11:29
Now that does look nasty, and you are always coached to keep your eye on the ball.:shocked:

BBKing
09-12-2005, 11:43
Old Jokes Revisited #94
'That looks nasty, have you seen a doctor'
'No, just a squash racket'

Aye thangyou. I'm here all week.

Nugget
15-12-2005, 13:27
Sorry for coming in late, but seeing as you didn't duck, are you sure you haven't quacked your eye socket?

*ahem* I'll be off again :D

Saaf_laandon_mo
15-12-2005, 13:32
Sorry for coming in late, but seeing as you didn't duck, are you sure you haven't quacked your eye socket?

*ahem* I'll be off again :D

thats almost as bad as saying that he'd be facing a big BILL if he had needed private health care to treat the damage

Nugget
15-12-2005, 13:39
thats almost as bad as saying that he'd be facing a big BILL if he had needed private health care to treat the damage

Wouldn't need to go private - any old quack (*ahem*) could take a gander at it :disturbd:

Yes, I am aware that a a gander is a goose, but it's still a type of fowl (and this gag was pretty foul :D )

fireman328
15-12-2005, 13:47
Yikes that's ugly :Yikes:

And the bruise on your eye doesn't look too nice either ..... ;)

That's why it's called Squash. "If you cant take a joke, you should not have joined"
As my old commander used to say.:)