PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Angelus
07-12-2005, 23:19
Ok been having some issues with some people from my old work place. Basically i had some insults thrown about me and my family.

I threw some back and then after a few days i did apologise. I heard nothing then all of a sudden i had this abusive email. Swearing is censored out.

work is busy, what a f***** t***, u sit on your b****** **** all day doing f*** all. act 25 not 16. u ginger t***, o not ginger its auburn ent it hahahaha. and dont get an std 2 early in my life, wot u chattin on about, wot u bringin stuff like that in it 4, u know wot grow up. YOUR JUST A J.E.A.L.O.U.S K***. biggest flirt in england.

J.E.A.L.O.U.S K***. J.E.A.L.O.U.S K***.

This person dont believe i have a job and refuses to when i tell it. Its getting on my nerves now. This person claims i had been calling it's phone but i have no credit to make a call.

Should i complain to this persons ISP which is blueyonder or not?

Thanks for any advice

Russ
07-12-2005, 23:21
Yes IMO you should complain to his ISP. It also might be worth recording this and any other such communication and presenting it to the police - it might not be enough to bring a prosecution but it'll be something they can use as a base if things get nasty later on.

danielf
07-12-2005, 23:25
I'd be surprised if the ISP did anything about this. The email is abusive, but there are no threats in it.

If this is an option (that is, if you can just ignore this person's emails), I would just set up a rule in your mail client to send emails from this person straight to the bin.

Wicked_and_Crazy
07-12-2005, 23:26
I would just set up a rule in your mail client to send emails from this person straight to the bin.

or return them unread

Paul
07-12-2005, 23:38
Quite frankly I would just bin them, or blacklist their address if you run a spam checker. Why are you wasting time trying to justify yourself to them.

Still, if you really want to get wound up about it, report them to the police for harrasment.

Angelus
07-12-2005, 23:40
Well the blueyonder account is her dads. So it could be a shock for him and perhaps words would be said without police involvement

danielf
07-12-2005, 23:44
Well the blueyonder account is her dads. So it could be a shock for him and perhaps words would be said without police involvement

You mention you hurled abuse as well. Just drop it, and block the sender. Don't continue the argument, ignore it, is my advice.

gooner4life
08-12-2005, 00:00
Ok been having some issues with some people from my old work place. Basically i had some insults thrown about me and my family.

I threw some back and then after a few days i did apologise. I heard nothing then all of a sudden i had this abusive email. Swearing is censored out.

This person dont believe i have a job and refuses to when i tell it. Its getting on my nerves now. This person claims i had been calling it's phone but i have no credit to make a call.

Should i complain to this persons ISP which is blueyonder or not?

Thanks for any advice

Are you 16 or 25?

If it is the latter what the hell are you asking advice about this for? you sound like a school child, just ignore the damn emails, every single post of yours is about some trivial matter that you then deal with as though it is a crisis.

Angelus
08-12-2005, 00:03
Are you 16 or 25?

If it is the latter what the hell are you asking advice about this for? you sound like a school child, just ignore the damn emails, every single post of yours is about some trivial matter that you then deal with as though it is a crisis.

Did not realise subject was not allowed.

Get lost

Paul
08-12-2005, 00:39
Oi, keep it civil, both of you.