PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance or Cruelty?

Jon M
07-12-2005, 10:10
From my latest blog entry:
Got home last night to find our cat (Nala) covered in some kind of spray that had matted her fur.
It smelled just like "Raid" (insect killer) so it could possibly have been someone well meaning but totally ignorant who decided to aid us in de-fleaing. On the other hand it could also have been a sadistic scumbag who just wanted to harm her for the sake of it. :mad:

She didn't seem right from the word go.. we gave her a rinse in the shower but later in the evening she actually lost consciousness.
Needless to say, we were worried sufficiently that we called out an emergency vet to look at her.

One short drive, rapid recovery and £105 later... our cat is back to normal. :)

She didn't like her second shower and scrub with special kitty shampoo any more than the first shower, but she definately has the cleanest, most fluffy coat on the block now. :D

I'm a bit concerned that I have a neighbour somewhere that is either abusing my cat deliberately or is misguided enough to think that spraying her with toxic substances will lessen the chances of fleas in whatever location she has been venturing. (she doesn't have a flea problem incidentally).

I'm tempted to leaflet the nearest homes to possibly prevent this happening again.
If someone is doing this maliciously I'd like to think those in the know would have the good sense to get the RSPCA on their case.

Salu
07-12-2005, 10:18
That's dreadful Jon.

I'm inclined to think that this was out of misguided anger.

orangebird
07-12-2005, 10:27
Cruelty, definitely. I'd leaflet the area, let the ****ers know you're onto them. I'd break every bone in their body if it was my cat and I'd found out who'd done it.

luftys
07-12-2005, 12:36
She might have gone into someones shed and got covered in it.

But Iam glad she is ok

Mike
07-12-2005, 12:43
Polite leaflet to homes in the areas 'warning people' !!!

State you have reported it to the police and rspca and that they are investigating. Hopefully will scare people off !

Mike

budwieser
08-12-2005, 20:58
From my latest blog entry:

I'm a bit concerned that I have a neighbour somewhere that is either abusing my cat deliberately or is misguided enough to think that spraying her with toxic substances will lessen the chances of fleas in whatever location she has been venturing. (she doesn't have a flea problem incidentally).

I'm tempted to leaflet the nearest homes to possibly prevent this happening again.
If someone is doing this maliciously I'd like to think those in the know would have the good sense to get the RSPCA on their case.

I really hope you find out who did this dreadful thing mate.
I can`t abide cruelty in any shape or form.:mad: :td: