PDA

View Full Version : wireless telephone extensions

Johndon
05-12-2005, 21:31
Is it possible to put in wireless telephone extensions for a digital signal? There seems to be lots of products that enable you to use the wiring system of a house to send a signal to a phone extension that is just plugged into a socket. But all the ones I have found say they don't work with a digital signal.

John

Stuart
05-12-2005, 21:52
Johndon, :welcome: to CableForum.

What do you mean by Digital Signal? Do you have a Dect cordless phone? If you do, it may be easier to buy multiple handsets for it.

When you buy a DECT phone, you get a base station and handset. Some base stations can connect to up to 8 handsets.

daz300
05-12-2005, 23:31
this is right ^
it is the way i have done it dect cordless phones i have one base station at the plug on the wall then two i can move around the house . and with dect phones you can add more if you like as well .

Johndon
06-12-2005, 00:39
DECT phones. Just the thing. Why didn't I get on this site earlier? Thanks guys.

John

Gigaset
10-07-2007, 11:50
Hi All

I've just bought a second-hand BT Diverse 4000 Exec handset via Ebay. It seems to be in full working order, but won't register to my 4010 base.

I have a feeling the problem is that it's not been de-registered to it's previous base(s).

The "factory" reset you can do through the menus doesn't - it leaves the registration unchanged. It shows 3 previous bases, but without them you can't de-register !

Does anyone know how to fully reset the phone to its condition when first made ? Might it be a combination of buttons held down while switching on ? Or could it be something to do with the two contacts in the back of the battery compartment ?

Cheers