PDA

View Full Version : pictures from symbols

sheridan
05-12-2005, 20:18
anyone got any of thease, we all know the smiley is a : followed by )
or here's one †¹(ââà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¢Ã ‚¿ÃÂà ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚ƚ¢)ââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚º

do you know how to make up any others , i once saw a bart simpson done this way but cant remember how it was made ,,
i am not allowed to use icons on my computer at work so this is a good way of putting in emoticons as it were..:disturbd:

danielf
05-12-2005, 20:25
anyone got any of thease, we all know the smiley is a : followed by )
or here's one †¹(ââà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¢Ã ‚¿ÃÂà ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚ƚ¢)ââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚º

do you know how to make up any others , i once saw a bart simpson done this way but cant remember how it was made ,,
i am not allowed to use icons on my computer at work so this is a good way of putting in emoticons as it were..:disturbd:

Loads here (though probably on the large side):

http://www.chris.com/ascii/

(it's known as ASCII art)

sheridan
05-12-2005, 20:33
great site
just found this one to
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

dont know how i could use it though:D

Halcyon
05-12-2005, 20:58
LOL thats cool.
Must have been quite useful back in the old days of slow 28k Internet when graphics hardly existed.

spiderplant
05-12-2005, 22:47
Must have been quite useful back in the old days of slow 28k Internet when graphics hardly existed.
28k? That was blisteringly quick! So you've not used a teletype on a 110 bps line then?

><)))">

Graham
06-12-2005, 00:21

<Four Yorkshiremen sketch>

28k??? Luxury!

When I were a lad we had 300/300 or, if you were lucky, 1200 down and 75 back up!

</Four Yorkshiremen sketch>

danielf
06-12-2005, 00:38
<Four Yorkshiremen sketch>

28k??? Luxury!

When I were a lad we had 300/300 or, if you were lucky, 1200 down and 75 back up!

</Four Yorkshiremen sketch>

There's so much I could say... Instead, I think I will go and have a read of the gay marriage thread ;)