PDA

View Full Version : web servers

splat1
01-11-2003, 22:48
ok is it just me or do ntl now allow you to run http servers on your connection ?

//looking in the user policy

If you are running a webserver on your own PC you are solely responsible for the security and setup for that server. You are also responsible for all traffic through your server even if you personally did not originate it.

<cut a bit>

If you are running the webserver from your own PC we may restrict or suspend your access to the internet until we receive a written (signed Royal Mail letter) reassurance from you that any breach of this user policy has been rectified.

Are we allowed to run them now ? :eek:

cjll3
01-11-2003, 22:55
Yes, but not for commercial purposes

splat1
01-11-2003, 22:59
thats helpfull :)
i am soon to be setting up redirection for a few friends that have silly website addresses (realy long) so i will be setting up
whatever.sites.splat1.com as a .htaccess system :)
tho this does make me think, if my friends sites have links to "nasty" content, does that make me liable ?

cjll3
01-11-2003, 23:04
tho this does make me think, if my friends sites have links to "nasty" content, does that make me liable ?

Urm lets see, who's connection do you think ntl would cut? Yours where the content is hosted, or your friends who they know nothing about? ;)

splat1
01-11-2003, 23:08
hmm... well put it that way :P
the content will not be hosted here what i am hosting is just a redirect :disturbd: