PDA

View Full Version : A19 to Stockton on Tees

Nidge
02-12-2005, 06:47
Over the last few weeks I've been travelling this road 3/4 times a week delivering to Stockton on Tees, I've noticed a speed camera van parked on a bridge assisted by 4 patrol cars and 2 police motorbike riders, call me what you want but this is a 70MPH road, the police are sat on the top of a bridge pointing cameras at motorists, then setting the patrol cars / motorbikes on to you. If you ask me it's a waste of tax payers money they could be doing something productive.

timewarrior2001
02-12-2005, 07:24
Over the last few weeks I've been travelling this road 3/4 times a week delivering to Stockton on Tees, I've noticed a speed camera van parked on a bridge assisted by 4 patrol cars and 2 police motorbike riders, call me what you want but this is a 70MPH road, the police are sat on the top of a bridge pointing cameras at motorists, then setting the patrol cars / motorbikes on to you. If you ask me it's a waste of tax payers money they could be doing something productive.

Cleveland police operate and official unofficial zero tolerence campaign against speeders.
If its not speed cameras its the tax disc cameras.

P.S I live in Stockton lol and I see speed cameras every single day.

bopdude
02-12-2005, 08:56
Cleveland police operate and official unofficial zero tolerence campaign against speeders.
If its not speed cameras its the tax disc cameras.

P.S I live in Stockton lol and I see speed cameras every single day.
Ditto that TW, it's not just a Teesside problem though, I travel anywhere upto 2000 miles a week and see them springing up all over the place, last night for instance, there are now 'safety camera' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: on the M18, both directions :Yikes: :shocked:

handyman
02-12-2005, 10:31
There was one of these on an bridge on the A1 south just before scotch corner on Sunday. The after Scotch corner on the A66 there where 2 tax disc camera vans.

Mind you there was 5 police a couple of miles up the A66 where some birk rolled it into a field.