PDA

View Full Version : I have a small packet

Soulgirl
25-06-2003, 16:09
In fact - I have no packets at all!

Since early Sunday morning I have made numerous calls to NTL, both the faults line and customer service.

I was repeatedly told that it was a huge power outage and it would be fixed by certain times (different each time I called and usually by a recorded message). Quite annoyingly I was repeatedly told to power off my box and wait 10 seconds to 2 minutes to 20 minutes to see if service resumed. I know there are a lot of newbies out there but quite frankly they were taking the **** and stalling a callout.

By Tuesday still no service of either TV or Broadband...

24 June 03
4pm

Spoke to Tom

I explained that I had been expecting a call from a Supervisor since 11.30 am and that I was not happy that I would have to wait 5 days in total for my tv and broadband services to be reconnected.

He put me on hold to check.

He came back and said he was going to connect me to a supervisor and put me on hold again.

Keiran Owen came on the line. I explained again and he said he was going to call an area manager and put me on hold.

He came back and said no earlier appointments were available. He offered me 2 weeks free service on both tv and broadband. I asked for full refund of dial-up internet charges. He didnt give confirmation of that.

I said I wanted to excercise my right under the terms and conditions regarding significant reduction of service and my right to cancel. He then put me on hold to put me through to customer relations.

Time is now 4.15pm.

I was put through to Christina in Customer relations...

She listened to what I had to say about poor speeds etc and said that I could cancel but spoke to a technician who said it was was probably a problem with our box and could they replace it. I agreed but said I wanted it put on record that if I was still not happy, that I could cancel from today's date with 30 days notice. she agreed. She also agreed to fully refund the dial-up charges whilst waiting since yesterdays date 23 june 2003 whence I had to install the NTL dial-up service and upheld the promise of a refund of two weeks broadband connection and TV service.. thats a minimum of £36 PLUS the dial-up connection charges.

Watch this space!!

ronald146m
25-06-2003, 16:51
Hello Soulgirl

Two questions.

1) Is the ntl Broadband 150K/600K/1M service available in your area?

2) What's that avatar of yours supposed to be?

Ron

:devsmoke: :devsmoke: :devsmoke:

redmanc
Good Luck!

Sounds like your gonna need it :rolleyes:

redmanc
Originally posted by ronald146m

2) What's that avatar of yours supposed to be?

lol whats it look like? ;)

Lew
25-06-2003, 16:53
It appears to be doing the Bukkake Boogie :D

Soulgirl
25-06-2003, 17:02
LOL - we were only talking about that last saturday! Yuk :D

Yes, Poole does have the 1MB service available but to be honest - as I sit here on a foookin modem, its just as fast LOL

redmanc
25-06-2003, 17:05
My 1mb is great, i've never really had any complaints about it since i've had it.

Had the occasional rough patch for an hour or two but nothing to complain to much about.

ronald146m
25-06-2003, 17:15
Originally posted by Soulgirl
but to be honest - as I sit here on a foookin modem, its just as fast LOL

Dont kid yourself girl.

No way can a dial-up match broadband (imho).

Just go for the 150K - and never look back.

Ron
:cool: :) :p :D

Soulgirl
25-06-2003, 17:28
Im not sure if I made it clear.. but the services I no longer enjoy until it's fixed is the 1MB connection via a set top box. But the surfing speed is not that bad on this modem in comparison to what I was getting with the 1MB service. They said there was probably something wrong with my box :D Of course there is! It doesnt work at all LOL.

ronald146m
25-06-2003, 18:19
Soulgirl

Oh, I understand now.
You're only using dial-up because your broadband is down.
:confused: :dunce: :dunce:

I hope it gets better soon.

Ron
:) :) :)

Soulgirl
26-06-2003, 20:45
http://www.thesoulgirl.com/emotis/woot.gif I have my TV and Net connection back. It was the box... it was knackered. I did say that to them on day one when it flashed the errors but it still took them 5 days to get someone out to swap over a box that took all of 5 minutes!

ronald146m
26-06-2003, 20:49
Oh happy day.

Ron

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Soulgirl
26-06-2003, 20:53
Thanks Ron - I did ask the engineer if he had remembered his cerebrum but he didnt know what that was http://www.thesoulgirl.com/emotis/LOL5.gif

ronald146m
26-06-2003, 21:05
Soulgirl

If I was your engineer I wouldn't have known either - I've just had to look it up in my Concise Oxford.
:dunce: :dunce:

He will have put a warning on your job docket for the next engineer:-
DANGER Blue Stocking
:D :D :D

Ron

Soulgirl
26-06-2003, 21:20
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2003/07/5.gif

Ignition
27-06-2003, 14:18
Nice smileys + avatars Soulgirl :D

Soulgirl
27-06-2003, 15:11
Thank you http://www.thesoulgirl.com/emotis/Embarrassed.gif

Soulgirl
27-06-2003, 21:47
Damn reverse psychology.. you mostly clicked for the crappy dial-up :D

ronald146m
27-06-2003, 22:21

So the dial-up problem was just bait?

Ron
:) :D :)

nogger
27-06-2003, 22:35

I had you down as a raspberry girl. :) :naughty:

birchyboy
29-06-2003, 15:51
If the dial up problem was bait, it worked. Her site must be rocking. Glad I'm not a fish ...

Soulgirl
29-06-2003, 17:35
What do you mean bait?

ronald146m
29-06-2003, 17:52
What do you mean bait?

I just didn't understand your comment about reverse psychology.

I'm a bear of little brain.

Ron

:) :D :p :) :D :p

ps thesoulgirl is a smashing website

yesman
29-06-2003, 19:03
Originally posted by ronald146m

ps thesoulgirl is a smashing website

I will second that :tu:

Soulgirl
29-06-2003, 19:08
Well, if I had said (all vote for this) you wouldnt have but as I said (dont vote for this) you all did :D

Thank you for your compliments.... Im about to launch a new site called www.paintmycarpink.com - Im desperate to have my scooby painted pink but alas have no funds... watch this space :D