PDA

View Full Version : MSN Services

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 19:27
Hi all the reason im starting this thread is all because of MSN Messenger. Ive had people who i don't know adding me to their contact lists lately and i want it to STOP!!! Now i know its not the members on here because i can look at your MSN ID's. So can someone give me a solution to my problem?

Thanks

WNA

PS: could someone give me a list of MSN services.

darant
31-10-2003, 19:35
Hi all the reason im starting this thread is all because of MSN Messenger. Ive had people who i don't know adding me to their contact lists latly and i want i to STOP!!! Now i know its not the members on here because i can look at your MSN ID's. So can someone give me a solution to my problem?

Thanks

WNA

PS: could someone give me a list of MSN services.

1. Just ban them from your list
2. Change you address or MSN user name.

Paul
31-10-2003, 19:58
I thought you got the choice to accept or reject anyone who tried to add you ?

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 20:10
How do i change my msn username?

poolking
31-10-2003, 20:23
I thought you got the choice to accept or reject anyone who tried to add you ?

That's what I thought?

keithwalton
31-10-2003, 21:09
you should get the choice of rejecting users, there is also an option to only allow people on your list to contact you, try turning that on, (default off)

K

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 21:11
you should get the choice of rejecting users, there is also an option to only allow people on your list to contact you, try turning that on, (default off)

K How? I also have Messenger Plus

keithwalton
31-10-2003, 22:56
tools -> options -> privacy, top check box

K

MadGamer
01-11-2003, 10:41
tools -> options -> privacy, top check box

KThanks but these people are still getting my address from somewhere and i don't have a clue. Perhaps i should think about changing my email address.

keithwalton
01-11-2003, 10:53
is it on a website anywhere or another forum where its publicly viewable ?
One variation of those options i believe should stop people trying to add themselves to your list as well

K