PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Online - Problems

Adriano
29-11-2005, 21:59
Right I have my network adapter successfully installed, I connect the wire from my modem to my network adapter. I then continue with the set up but I cannot proceed due to the setup unable to find the wire connected, but it is firmly in place.
I have no idea what could possibly be wrong, I was wondering if this was a problem with the modem or any settings, any help appreciated.

mick70
29-11-2005, 22:49
You have to cycle the modem (turn off for 30 secs then back on) to change the modem to see the ps2. Do the same when you change back to your pc.:)

Adriano
29-11-2005, 23:12
I'm not quite sure what you mean :S

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

still no luck, i try to connect get the same screen no wire found, then i re try i get unable to detect settings.

Wicked_and_Crazy
30-11-2005, 11:57
cable modem or set top box?

southwell
30-11-2005, 14:00
Straight or twisted cable? I would have thought you would need a twisted cable for a direct connection, (straight for via a router).
You can check the cable by put the cable plugs next to each other, if the pattern is the same on both then it is straight, if it is reversed then twisted.

Adriano
30-11-2005, 17:31
cable modem or set top box?

Cable modem.

Straight or twisted cable? I would have thought you would need a twisted cable for a direct connection, (straight for via a router).
You can check the cable by put the cable plugs next to each other, if the pattern is the same on both then it is straight, if it is reversed then twisted.

I am currently using the wire which came with the adapter, but I have ordered another wire which came today. Both CAT5.

southwell
30-11-2005, 20:00
there cat 5 straight and cat 5 twisted. i cant connect with a straight on my ps2 only twisted. via router is straight. hope that makes sense.