PDA

View Full Version : Britain's worst town (or city)

sir_drinks_alot
29-11-2005, 21:24
so what do you think Britons worst town or city is.

I'm going to Nominate slough the place was a ???? whole when I lived there In The 80's and still to this day there is not One good point to this town.

Mal
29-11-2005, 21:29

I'm going to Nominate slough the place was a ???? whole when I lived there In The 80's and still to this day there is not One good point to this town.Care to elaborate on what is bad about Slough

Ramrod
29-11-2005, 21:42
Care to elaborate on what is bad about SloughI found this (http://chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=913)
If the Earth ever requires an enema, Slough is undoubtedly where the tube will be inserted.
:D

Halcyon
29-11-2005, 21:57
I believe there is a little book that came out with the UK's worst town's.
The problem is that a lot of town's are all going down hill at the moment.
Over the past few years , I've seen many shops close down to be replaced with phone shops.
Half of the shopping centre here is phone shops.
We need different shops that can offer a speciality and not somewhere where I can buy the exact same thing two doors away.

Oh and dont get me started on fast food stores, pizza places, and donna kebab shops. I know a place in Leicester that has a fast food shop nearly every other house on the same road. Disgusting !

avid.merrion
29-11-2005, 22:02
A toss up between Banbury (it smells like someone has taken a dump...must be the food factory in the centre) or Cardiff (full of junkies and chavs)....hmmmm to close to call

timewarrior2001
29-11-2005, 22:14
Stockton on Tees is a dump and should be nuked.

So is Thornaby.

Stuart
29-11-2005, 22:48
Care to elaborate on what is bad about SloughI found this (http://chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=913)
If the Earth ever requires an enema, Slough is undoubtedly where the tube will be inserted.

Or, as Chris Tarrant once said on his breakfast show "Happyness in Slough in your Rear-view mirror."

Having said that, Crewe could give Slough a run for it's money.

Bifta
29-11-2005, 22:56
Swindon, nominated solely for Liden, Park South/North and Penhill and most of the inhabitants of said ****-laden areas.

monkey2468
29-11-2005, 22:57
Stockton on Tees is a dump and should be nuked.

So is Thornaby.

I agree!
You should check what it says about Stockton on the chavtowns site!

Nidge
30-11-2005, 02:55
Mansfield in Nottinghamshire is a dump, the pigeons fly upside down because there is nothing worth S****NG on, even the dogs walk round in 3's incase they get mugged.

liamboyle06
30-11-2005, 08:27
I believe there is a little book that came out with the UK's worst town's.
I found this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3158298.stm

"Slough has a number of high points," says one voter. "For example, it has a wide and varied wildlife."
Never been there but at least one person likes it

etccarmageddon
30-11-2005, 08:33
I nominate Wythenshawe.

yesman
30-11-2005, 08:37
Mansfield in Nottinghamshire is a dump, the pigeons fly upside down because there is nothing worth S****NG on, even the dogs walk round in 3's incase they get mugged.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sir_drinks_alot
30-11-2005, 08:44
Never been there

beleave me you are the lucky one :D

Nugget
30-11-2005, 08:50
I'll have to back 'Crap Towns' up, and say that it's got to be Hull - it truly does have the smell of death about it :shocked:

basa
30-11-2005, 08:53
The saddest thing about this thread is that it is perhaps highlighting the decline in standards in many of [pedant mode]Britain's (not 'Britons' - that is a race)[/pedant mode] cities and towns.

etccarmageddon
30-11-2005, 09:10
I'd say the decline in Policing standards which is partly due to money being spent on stupid things instead of bobbies on the beat.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

...Chief Insp Richard Blackburn from Preston Police, said community beat managers Carl Ingham and Helen Reed, who look after the Broadgate and Deepdale areas respectively, would be going in works time and will be funded by the constabulary.
He said: "They both have responsibility for communities that have a high proportion of Asian residents that have links with the Gujarat region so we hope they can develop a better understanding of their culture.
"I want them to look at how the police manage different communities and identify the needs within communities.
"Lancashire Constabulary spend quite a bit of time travelling overseas. If we didn't think there was any relevance in them going over there we wouldn't be sending them."

Russ
30-11-2005, 10:34
There are only two words which fit this thread - Merthyr Tydfil. Any town which boasts the Hoover factory as a 'public attraction' is on dodgy ground.

Went through there a few weeks ago and saw an alasation with a large stick in its mouth - when you see dogs arming themselves with weapons then you KNOW you're in the Welsh Bronx.

Chris
30-11-2005, 10:50
The saddest thing about this thread is that it is perhaps highlighting the decline in standards in many of [pedant mode]Britain's (not 'Britons' - that is a race)[/pedant mode] cities and towns.

Thread title edited. Glad I'm not the only one whose teeth were on edge. :D

Worst town ... Hemel Hempstead (http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=946). And I know, I lived there. The tragedy is, I suspect once upon a time it was a pleasant enough Hertfordshire market town. The problem is, the New Towns Commission got their hands on it and created a bland, soulless effigy to all that's bad about urban planning.

Funnily enough, after Crap Towns was published, featuring Hemel high up the list (IIRC it was a big climber when the book was re-published) the local rag started a ridiculous 'Happy in Hemel' campaign, in which local residents waxed lyrical about the place. Well it was good comedy anyway.

Mal
30-11-2005, 10:52
There are only two words which fit this thread - Merthyr Tydfil. Any town which boasts the Hoover factory as a 'public attraction' is on dodgy ground.
There used to be a sign on the M62, when entering Kirkby, that it was the home of QVC. Something to be proud of :disturbd: ;)

Tuftus
30-11-2005, 13:02
Corby.

Nuff said.

Slyder
30-11-2005, 18:16

Oh and easy question...

Chaventry.... I mean umm Coventry.... :rolleyes:

Bloody place is swimming with trampy chavs at present. (shrugs... bah.. peasants)

Strzelecki
30-11-2005, 18:59
What about Stoke-on-Trent? Can't wait to leave here! I guess it's just as bad as all the others mentioned.

Halcyon
30-11-2005, 19:57
Ah yes I have always heard Coventry is meant to be a complete dump.

I thought Nottingham was going to be a dodgy town but I have grown to like the place now.
I think Birmingham is quickly replacing it as the town where you are likely to get shot at night.

Chimaera
30-11-2005, 20:07
Well none of you have visited Romford in Essex then! It's been featured extensively on such programmes as Street Crime and Booze Britain (due to the excessive number of 'nightclubs' it has) and has recently featured on the BBC News website here! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4472916.stm)
Thank goodness I only work there :(

Slyder
30-11-2005, 20:09
Ah yes I have always heard Coventry is meant to be a complete dump.

Yup... I wont deny it... ;)

Good Job I aint here for to long thou... bigwigs at my place have now relocated our team, so I will probably be moving near January. :D

southwell
01-12-2005, 10:19
Basingstoke made the top ten :Yikes: I tend to agree though, it's full of chavs that can't :english: :rolleyes:

Yeah man, innit :disturbd:

Chrysalis
01-12-2005, 17:45
Leicester last year had the lowest women salary, pay here is very low and we have high unemployment. The city isnt that attractive either compared to other places I been to.

Football club going through a bad patch as well and we have the longest distance to reach a coast.

Ramrod
01-12-2005, 18:37
Clacton on sea, Essex. :no:

moffmeister
03-12-2005, 21:35
I'm supporting Crap Towns 2 - Luton. ****hole extraordinaire.

Halcyon
03-12-2005, 21:52
Another place I'd add to the list is Dover.
Apart from the sea, there isnt much else you can do there.