PDA

View Full Version : Work-out music

Russ
28-11-2005, 22:37
I need to start working out soon but I've never been able to make a good go of it without decent backing music, which raises the question - what music would you reccommend?

So far I've got Relax and Two Tribes by FGTH and Def Leppard's Action....

Hom3r
28-11-2005, 22:46
anything by Queen or Meatloaf

Ramrod
28-11-2005, 22:47
Lemmy with the Ace of Spades? :D

bopdude
28-11-2005, 22:48
I need to start working out soon but I've never been able to make a good go of it without decent backing music, which raises the question - what music would you reccommend?

Well with your first two choices I have to ask, what is it your trying to :erm: work out :rofl:

Russ
28-11-2005, 22:49
Lemmy with the Ace of Spades? :D

Nice! Thanks, I like it!

bopdude
28-11-2005, 22:49
But seriously, something loud, eye of the tiger ;) and anything numetal :tu:

HTH

Russ
28-11-2005, 22:50
Well with your first two choices I have to ask, what is it your trying to :erm: work out :rofl:

I KNEW it!! I knew someone would try that angle! Anyway I don't care, they're good tunes to train to :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
28-11-2005, 22:54
something by Haircut 100 maybe :D

or Kajagoogoo "too shiney shine"

bopdude
28-11-2005, 22:54
I KNEW it!! I knew someone would try that angle! Anyway I don't care, they're good tunes to train to :D

Well it had to be me, or Nugg, or...................well, a lot of us with strange minds :disturbd: , sorry :p:

punky
28-11-2005, 22:56
Just listen to music you like. If you don't like the song, then there isn't much point suggesting it.

The better songs to work out to are the faster paced ones... They tend to help the time pass quicker. Try and avoid the songs with long, slow intros... like Brick In The Wall...

Halcyon
28-11-2005, 23:09
I like anything with a good beat and melody where I can dance around, or more importantly do exercises in time with the music.
I'm a huge fan of progressive house music so do it to that.

fireman328
28-11-2005, 23:24
In my case Brahms lullaby is appropriate

Marge
28-11-2005, 23:28
Foo Fighters :tu:

cookie_365
28-11-2005, 23:35
I like anything with a good beat and melody where I can dance around, or more importantly do exercises in time with the music.
I'm a huge fan of progressive house music so do it to that.
How about some of the Ministry Of Sound summer/Ibiza mix CDs? Fast enough rhythm for the workout, and the way the mixes evolve it won't feel like you're just moving to the same track for ever.

luftys
28-11-2005, 23:37
wat about some Fat boy slim:disturbd:

Halcyon
28-11-2005, 23:42
Yeah thats the good thing about mix Cd's, the music changes but you never stop. The beat just keeps you going..... and good mixes will get harder and faster towards the end so get you really working it.

Russ
28-11-2005, 23:44
I appreciate the suggestions so far but how about actual songs, as opposed to types/genres :)

Marge
28-11-2005, 23:46
I appreciate the suggestions so far but how about actual songs, as opposed to types/genres :)

Fellas, never satisfied :rolleyes: :D :D

All My Life by The Foo Fighters

bopdude
28-11-2005, 23:58
Foo Fighters :tu:

I'll second that, as well as Linkin Park, Staind, Papa Roach, in fact,anything loud and angry, get the juices flowing ;)

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

Fellas, never satisfied :rolleyes: :D :D

All My Life by The Foo Fighters

As said before

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
One Step Closer by Linkin Park
Last Resort by Papa Roach..........................

wait a minute, we're telling a DJ what to play, something off here :p:

Stuart
29-11-2005, 00:05

Russ, this is a bit of a difficult question. I personally used to work out to 80's hip hop, some dancey pop music (black eyed peas, that sort of thing), some trance music (System F's out of the blue is particulary good), but that is my taste in music. I also used to work out to Queen, and some rock.

In fact I found anything with a heavy and moderately fast beat worked well.

What you listen to, however, depends on your taste.

SMHarman
29-11-2005, 00:14
The whole of "the Vault" is good.
Final Countdown - Europe
Thong Song is good to run to.

Caff
29-11-2005, 00:42
Blondie - I Feel Love. Disco mix.

Black Velvets _ I Won't Lie Down.

Aerosmith - No More No More

Halcyon
29-11-2005, 00:42
The National anthem. you can sing it too. :D

Graham
29-11-2005, 01:19

Last time someone started a thread like this it got merged with the "What music are you listening to" thread...! :)

I have 75 different tracks on my MP3 player that I take to the gym, so I won't list all of them, but basically a large proportion of it hard-driving rock music, stuff that picks me up and drags me along.

Here's a few:

Meatloaf: Midnight at the Lost and Found, Bat Out of Hell, Dead Ringer, Bad Attitude, Hot Summer Night, Sailor to a Siren

Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You (so what if it's Robbie Williams, it's got a hell of an intro and a driving tune)

The Animals: House of the Rising Sun

Undertones: Teenage Kicks

Rolling Stones: Paint it Black

Motorhead: Ace of Spades

Survivor: Eye of the Tiger

Focus: Hocus Pocus

Elton John/ The Who: Pinball Wizard

Aerosmith/ Run DMC: Walk this Way

Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Relax

Nena: 99 Red Balloons

Irene Cara: What a Feeling (theme from Flashdance)

Queen: We Will Rock You, Seven Seas of Rye, Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottom Girls, Hammer to Fall, Princes of the Universe, Radio Gaga

Rainbow: All Night Long

Status Quo: Caroline

ZZ Top: Sharp Dressed Man, Legs

AC/ DC: You Shook Me All Night Long, Who Made Who

Chris de Burgh: Don't Pay the Ferryman, Revolution

Deep Purple: Fireball, Space Trucking, Black Night, Hush, Smoke on the Water, Speed King

Iron Maiden: Flight of Icarus, Phantom of the Opera, Run to the Hills, Hallowed be Thy Name, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, 22 Acacia Avenue

Lynrd Skynrd: Freebird

Bonnie Tyler: Holding Out for a Hero (some of the greatest drum work I've ever heard :) ), Total Eclipse of the Heart

Jethro Tull: Locomotive Breath (a certain irony! ;) ), Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll

Madness: Night Boat to Cairo (great when you're on the rowing machine!), One Step Beyond

Buddy Holly: Peggy Sue, Oh Boy

ELO: Roll Over Beethoven, Don't Bring Me Down

Hawkwind: Silver Machine

Bon Jovi: You Give Love a Bad Name, Livin' on a Prayer

Don Maclean: American Pie

Beatles: Get Back, Revolution

Carl Orf: O Fortunata (from Carmina Burana)

Fleetwood Mac: The Chain

Hmm, ok, so actually, I didn't list them all, but that's most of them!

Hopefully you'll find some useful suggestions there! :)

Russ
29-11-2005, 01:21
Some cracking choices there, I'm very impressed :)

Graham
29-11-2005, 01:25
Some cracking choices there, I'm very impressed :)

You sound surprised ;)

Russ
29-11-2005, 01:26
That's because I am :disturbd:

Graham
29-11-2005, 01:30
That's because I am :disturbd:

:PP:

I have a music collection that ranges from AC/DC to Vivaldi and from Bach to ZZ Top, via all of the above, plus Fairport, Sky, Walter Carlos, Mike Oldfield, Tom Lehrer, Dire Straits, Don Maclean, Flanders and Swann, Led Zepplin, The Monkees, Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Vangelis, Gorillaz, The Kinks and the list goes on...!