PDA

View Full Version : up yours eidos

Jamie
25-06-2003, 16:08
Why do they keep bullshitting us about the latest TR game which I was going to buy last week then going to buy this Friday - now I hear I've got to wait until Friday July 4th :grind::grind::grind:

Dave Stones
25-06-2003, 16:10
Originally posted by Jamie
Why do they keep bullshitting us about the latest TR game which I was going to buy last week then going to buy this Friday - now I hear I've got to wait until Friday July 4th :grind::grind::grind:

ironing out bugs?

i remember when command and conquer tiberian sun was released, first it was august then october then xmas, it finally came out the following may or something like that... lucky you only having to wait 2 weeks :p

:o

zoombini
25-06-2003, 16:20
Xbox users are getting used to this sort of thing...

I feel better knowing that sandwich toaster user do too.

kronas
25-06-2003, 16:40
yes bugs in the game thats why its been put back (again)

Jamie
25-06-2003, 16:43
Bullshit its bugs! The game is out in america so it must be ready - it must be the bafoons in their pr department hyping it up :grind::grind:

Why fook us about ????????????.

They better release it on the 4th :grind:

:upyours: EIDOS :upyours:

kronas
25-06-2003, 16:50
Bullshit its bugs! The game is out in america so it must be ready - it must be the bafoons in their pr department hyping it up :grind::grind:

lol pal conversion can take its time too and the fact that the US version WILL have bugs that the euro version wont............

DrAwesome
25-06-2003, 17:20

Could be because on July 4, 1776, the USA claimed independence from England.

DannyA
25-06-2003, 17:20
Why care about it anyway?

The whole series is based on hype, they release a shell of a game, advertise it to fudge and st00pid people buy it.

Im not calling you stupid

(only if you buy it and like it!! )

<j>

Stuart
25-06-2003, 18:17
Originally posted by DannyA
Why care about it anyway?

The whole series is based on hype, they release a shell of a game, advertise it to fudge and st00pid people buy it.

Im not calling you stupid

(only if you buy it and like it!! )

<j>

And quake isn't a shell of a game based on hype?

preacher
27-06-2003, 10:21
Personally I got bored of the TR franchise after the second one.
But I agree that waaay too many companies leave the UK release much too late if ever atall!

I am dying to get Suikoden 3 but it prob aint gonna arrive here and not having a freeloader for PS2 yet it is kinda out of my reach :cry:

kronas
27-06-2003, 17:56
Originally posted by preacher
Personally I got bored of the TR franchise after the second one.
But I agree that waaay too many companies leave the UK release much too late if ever atall!

I am dying to get Suikoden 3 but it prob aint gonna arrive here and not having a freeloader for PS2 yet it is kinda out of my reach :cry:

there are others ways ;)

kronas
27-06-2003, 19:44
eidos have been hit hard by the continual delay of the tomb raider game in europe shares fell 10% in morning trade after the company announced it was cutting its profits forcast

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3026634.stm

Mick The Gwailo
30-06-2003, 19:34
BBC-1, Ceefax Page 536, for an 8-page review ...

And it's not all good :(

Summary : RENT before you buy :(

S... l...o... w... / AI is terrible , it says ...

kronas
30-06-2003, 22:17
yeah ign gave it 6 gamespot 6.4 fans of tomb raider will like it because its tomb raider :D

Emperordalek
30-06-2003, 22:53
The current reason for delay is that the european version has six languages and it is still awaiting final clearence while they are checked.

kronas
30-06-2003, 22:54
Originally posted by Emperordalek
The current reason for delay is that the european version has six languages and it is still awaiting final clearence while they are checked.

thats what gamespot said they dont have individual versions just all the languages bundled on to one disc like other games oh well its a pos so :shrug:

Richard M
02-07-2003, 09:55
Quality...
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?platform=PS2&genre=ACTION&image=/reviews/july03/tombraideraodps2/04.jpg

timewarrior2001
02-07-2003, 11:19
do eidos publish their own games?

If not then the delay will be down to the publisher.
Take for example the company I worked for, teh Publisher is german, the company is english, the game is released in germany 2 months before the english and US release.

Q/ Will the english release be better?
A/ no the game will have gone gold, it will be printed and burned at the same time.

Q/ will there be patches available for the english game form bugs found in the German release?
A/ Probably.

See it doesnt make sense, remember, the guys that write games dont do it for their own personal enjoyment, they want to make money. And before the debate of prices of games starts, something like 80% of the price of the game goes to the shop that sells it.

kronas
02-07-2003, 17:34
i can confirm the game is FINALLY to be released on the 4th of july as my local store has them in stock NOW :D :D :D :D

Stuart
02-07-2003, 17:52
:eeek:

Jamie
03-07-2003, 01:27
Bought the game yesterday and I'll be taking it back on Monday after I have copied it - f00k EIDOS :upyours:

kronas
03-07-2003, 01:40
Bought the game yesterday and I'll be taking it back on Monday after I have copied it - f00k EIDOS :upyours:

lol well i told you all its crap havent played it but all the reviews say it is

glad to see we all get our moneys worth :p ;) :D

The_real_dj
04-07-2003, 22:13
actually i bought it played it for 10 mins and thought it was utter crap!!!

gave it another whurl today and after about an hour of gettin used to the controls i am starting to rather like it!!. I can see with the new control system its definatly not for evey one!!. but worth a shot if you ask me!!.