PDA

View Full Version : Christmass gift for girlfriend Help needed!!!!! (panic alert)

VamP++
26-11-2005, 22:04
Can anybody give me any ideas for non-expensive xmass girfts (under £40)

I really have no idea as to what to get her.. I want something impressive yet not that dear coz Im so broke.. plz help!!

Stuart
26-11-2005, 22:19
Jewellery? You can get OK bracelets or necklaces for about £30 or £40. You don't have to spend hundreds on it.

Maggy
26-11-2005, 22:38
It's bit hard when I don't know the young lady.I suppose it depends on how long you have been in the relationship and how much she really means to you.

You could try inexpensive jewellery but be careful about perfume-that's a very individual matter and you are better choosing something she already uses-perfume should be chosen by the wearer.

How about a beauty voucher that she can redeem for a pampering?Something like an aromatherapy,sunbed, a facial or a basic beauty treatment at a local salon.Just so she feels special for an afternoon.

Does she read?Is there a film she wanted to see but never got to?

Trouble is £40 is too much for chocolates and booze but too little for some of the more personal items.

Frankly at this time of year I'm stumped about what to buy my nearest and dearest which is why I ask them for a list from which I can choose something.Hint!

andyandy
26-11-2005, 22:40
Dont panic yet - loads of time left!!

You could take a look at http://www.asos.com/

Loads of stuff there from jewellery to lingerie. And some it of is not too expensive.;)

Maggy
26-11-2005, 22:48
Ahh!Blokes beware.Buying undies is ok if you know the correct size.However make sure you retain the reciept just in case.

Plus it is a fact that we ladies are very fussy about the colour of our undies.What you blokes may like we may hate.;)

Xaccers
27-11-2005, 08:40
mmmmmmmmmmmm lingerie :naughty:

Avoid bras and panties etc, go for some sexy silky nightwear

VamP++
27-11-2005, 09:35
Thank you all for the help, really appreciate it :D

But guys, what about perfumes? :/ (J'adore?)

Angua
27-11-2005, 10:18

But guys, what about perfumes? :/ (J'adore?)

As Coggy says unless you know her favourite it can be a bit if a :nono: as every perfume smells different depending who is wearing it.

Does your GF prefer gold or silver jewlery? Jewlery is always a hit with me. :tu:

Cuddly toys can be a bit of fun. Hopefully you know her best and will know from the ideas given what will suit her?

SMHarman
27-11-2005, 14:51

But guys, what about perfumes? :/ (J'adore?)If you know what she wears you could get the body wash and other products in the range, or a pocket atomiser.

Ramrod
27-11-2005, 15:20
or a pocket atomiser.thats exactly what I was going to suggest! :shocked:
I got Mandy a silver atomiser for our wedding anniversary recently and it was very well received! :tu: :)
Hers cost £60 but I'm sure you can find one that is cheaper. Make sure that the perfume reservoir is glass.......

edit.....something like this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silver-Perfume-Atomiser-and-Funnel_W0QQitemZ6228832266QQcategoryZ39498QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem) or this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-IN-POUCH-MATT-SILVER-PERFUME-ATOMIZER_W0QQitemZ6580380680QQcategoryZ60822QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem)

zing_deleted
27-11-2005, 15:31
second ones just a fiver buy it now very impressive ;)

Ramrod
27-11-2005, 15:51
second ones just a fiver buy it now very impressive ;)That ones not real silver though...

Tricky
28-11-2005, 15:50
If you know what she wears you could get the body wash and other products in the range, or a pocket atomiser.

And hopefully she doesn't think that you think she smells!

Slushy DVD/CD's can be a hit especially if you suffer watching it with her over a bottle of wine etc.