PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 13:03
Whose going to be getting this when it comes out in February? I will. But for those who have the Original Sims and expansion packs what are you going to do?

Defiant
31-10-2003, 13:10
I'll have it

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 22:01
One question about the current version of the game. Will the original expansion packs work with The Sims 2?

ZrByte
31-10-2003, 22:13
dont even get me started on the sims, the only game that doesnt work properly on any of my machines, It just drops to desktop if I switch families or after about 20mins.
Apparently its because I run Daemon tools on my machine, the game itself is not loading from Daemon but apparently daemon tools confuses the sims CD protection and will drop the game to desktop :( .
Oh well, when I played it on my old machine it wasnt all that amazing.

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 22:56
dont even get me started on the sims, the only game that doesnt work properly on any of my machines, It just drops to desktop if I switch families or after about 20mins.
Apparently its because I run Daemon tools on my machine, the game itself is not loading from Daemon but apparently daemon tools confuses the sims CD protection and will drop the game to desktop :( .
Oh well, when I played it on my old machine it wasnt all that amazing. Try disabling the Daemon tools.

th'engineer
01-11-2003, 09:11
I find the sims a pain a member of the family plays it the one that shall be obeyed . It never works the same it sometimes has mem probs total pain of a game .

Cadman
01-11-2003, 23:39
The Sims is great

It keeps all the females in my house busy and off my back :D

Only problem is all the expansion packs they keep releasing :bigcry:

MadGamer
02-11-2003, 00:23
The Sims is great

It keeps all the females in my house busy and off my back :D

Only problem is all the expansion packs they keep releasing :bigcry: Makin Magic is the final release of this series, but they are going to be relesing The Sims 2 in February 2004.

Cadman
02-11-2003, 00:27
Has Makin Magic been released yet ?

As for Sims 2 I've already been told that "they " have to have it

MadGamer
02-11-2003, 10:58
Makin Magic is out now according to PC World. the price is £20

purple_smarties
14-09-2004, 22:39
so who is going to be buying the sims 2 when it is released on friday?

bb31
14-09-2004, 23:14
errrrrrrr ive had my strict orders to purchase it for my daughter and i would be dead if i dont!! shes waited patiently for sooooooo long poor thing!

MadGamer
14-09-2004, 23:17
so who is going to be buying the sims 2 when it is released on friday?
Im gonna wait a couple of weeks cos its gonna sell like MAD!

Bifta
15-09-2004, 00:24
I'll probably buy it, and I'm not going to use the excuse that it's for the mrs/children ;)

Richard M
15-09-2004, 00:49
I'm not getting it purely for the reason that it's such a timewaster.
You pick it up and before you know it, three hours have passed.

Stephen
15-09-2004, 10:56
I bought the first one and loved it but I happened to find it at the weekend and have been playing it non stop so will prob end up buying it. It is a lot more complicated than the first one.

Bifta
15-09-2004, 10:57
I bought the first one and loved it but I happened to find it at the weekend and have been playing it non stop so will prob end up buying it. It is a lot more complicated than the first one.

Heh, "happened to find it" .. is that a new term for "I warezed it!" ;)

purple_smarties
15-09-2004, 21:01

you got any screen shots? whats the game play like compared to the first one?

Im gonna wait a couple of weeks cos its gonna sell like MAD

I reserved my copy today. tried to reserve the dvd edtion but apparantly it has not got a release date yet. only the cd-rom version will be available on friday.

smegs
15-09-2004, 21:05
you got any screen shots? whats the game play like compared to the first one?

I reserved my copy today. tried to reserve the dvd edtion but apparantly it has not got a release date yet. only the cd-rom version will be available on friday.
I have the whole lot from the first one , and i'm going to be getting the second one i love that game

MadGamer
15-09-2004, 21:17
I have the whole lot from the first one , and i'm going to be getting the second one i love that game Ive got em all as well.

EDIT: If you are not sure weather a game is going to run on your system use The Windows XP Game Advisor (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx)

purple_smarties
15-09-2004, 21:28
I have the whole lot from the first one , and i'm going to be getting the second one i love that game

same here, looking forward to friday, how sad :p:

MovedGoalPosts
15-09-2004, 22:25
I'm not getting it purely for the reason that it's such a timewaster.
You pick it up and before you know it, three hours have passed.

Surely that's the idea behind any computer game - to pass the time away :confused: There's no such thing as a productive computer game :confused:

MadGamer
15-09-2004, 22:42
same here, looking forward to friday, how sad :p:Actually you say that but you look and see how many Sims fans there are. Its still the number 1 best selling game of all time. Hows that for a fact? :D :p:

Stephen
15-09-2004, 22:50
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/

plenty of game pics and stuff

bb31
15-09-2004, 23:04
I'll probably buy it, and I'm not going to use the excuse that it's for the mrs/children ;)

mine wasnt an excuse - ive never played any of the sims games - dont interest me that much

BBKing
16-09-2004, 14:20
I'll probably buy it, and I'm not going to use the excuse that it's for the mrs/children

I couldn't get my other half off the PC with a crowbar when we first got it - no more of that please, it's mine :)

Anyway, with a real baby to look after the last thing I want to do is unwind by looking after a virtual one!

Maggy
16-09-2004, 15:29
Well this female hates the bluddy Sims.If I want sulky recalcitrant single minded stupid lazy people to try and boss about I've got enough of them in real life.I can never get one of the little beggers to do as they are told and in the end I just get vicious with them.See if I care if yer house burns down you ungrateful little oiks.

So the game was handed on and my house is SIMS free. :tu:

Now Settlers there's a whole different game. :)

Stephen
16-09-2004, 15:49
Now Settlers there's a whole different game. :)

now that is a good game settlers 4 still gets a lot of play. Can't wait for the new one.

purple_smarties
16-09-2004, 21:44
the official sims 2 website has an exchange area where users can exchange property, sims and items.

there is a 4 storey mansion on there at the moment :D

Gareth
26-09-2004, 19:46
Well, I managed to obtain an erm... evaluation copy of this ;) It's for the missus not me, cause I can't stand the bleedin' game. Anyway, the game looks as though not only have they vastly improved the UI, but also the engine itself has been given a spruce-up too. The characters are a lot more developed and less 2 dimensional (personality-wise not graphically speaking) than the original.

However, it does require a faster machine than the wife's current one, so it looks as though an upgrade is imminent. Yippee!!!!!! :D :D :D

Funny how this was never important when I mentioned Doom 3 and HL2, eh? :rolleyes:

Gareth
26-09-2004, 19:48
Oh, and forgot to say.... the missus was not too pleased that she couldn't import the 100 gazillion objects she's got for the original into The Sims 2. If anyone knows a way of doing this, then you could be doing me a massive favour by sharing it with me ;)

purple_smarties
26-09-2004, 20:07
Oh, and forgot to say.... the missus was not too pleased that she couldn't import the 100 gazillion objects she's got for the original into The Sims 2. If anyone knows a way of doing this, then you could be doing me a massive favour by sharing it with me ;)
as far as i know, you can't. make way for the sims 2 expansion packs ;)

Flubflow
26-09-2004, 20:22

According to one of the young'uns here, not only can you not import any of your old stuff (understandable now that the engine is true 3D) but the selection of stuff you have in the sims 2 is really pathetic. It's like they purposefully did that so they could sell expansion/goodie packs. Keep your eye on the Sims2 Website and the fansites for future downloads. I'm sure it won't be long before 3rd party accessories/tools become available.

Regarding the performance, it seems to run nice (with medium/high graphics features at 1024x786) on a PIII-800 with 256mbRAM and a GeForce FX5200 Graphics card.

One thing that does seem to be apparent is that the simoleons or whatever you call the dumb things are just as stupid as in the sims1. You still have to see to tedious things so that they don't p1ss themselves or put the dirty dishes and the baby on the floor. In my view, nothing much has changed as far as gameplay. Kids still love it though.

purple_smarties
26-09-2004, 20:41
According to one of the young'uns here, not only can you not import any of your old stuff (understandable now that the engine is true 3D) but the selection of stuff you have in the sims 2 is really pathetic. It's like they purposefully did that so they could sell expansion/goodie packs. Keep your eye on the Sims2 Website and the fansites for future downloads. I'm sure it won't be long before 3rd party accessories/tools become available.

Regarding the performance, it seems to run nice (with medium/high graphics features at 1024x786) on a PIII-800 with 256mbRAM and a GeForce FX5200 Graphics card.

One thing that does seem to be apparent is that the simoleons or whatever you call the dumb things are just as stupid as in the sims1. You still have to see to tedious things so that they don't p1ss themselves or put the dirty dishes and the baby on the floor. In my view, nothing much has changed as far as gameplay. Kids still love it though.
yeah, the selection of items on the sims 2 is very limited, they are a lot better than the sims 1 but as it has been said, they will be holding out for the expansion packs

ZrByte
27-09-2004, 01:02
Actually you say that but you look and see how many Sims fans there are. Its still the number 1 best selling game of all time. Hows that for a fact? :D :p:

Command & Conquer held the Title before that, now that was a real game, none of this ****ing your pants malarchy, well not unless you get your arse kicked by the AI in Covert ops. Sims is only holding the position now becuase it appeals to both sexes rather than being geared towards males only like 99% of computer games.
The only Reason that I wont even entertain the Sim2 is that baring titles I allready own I am boycoting EA for Killing off westwood Studios and the entire C&C series, Oh and sacking the guy who played Kane :mad: