PDA

View Full Version : I am a nasty underhanded person!

Escapee
22-11-2005, 19:45
Well, I dont think so really, but thought I would post this story to explain the reason for my post in another thread entitled Women blamed for being raped.

Following on from my post in the above titled thread in current affairs, I would like to tell two tales closely related about some incidents that have happened. We all probably have little fears about being blamed for something we haven't done etc, I have always had three fears. One is to be wrongly accused of interfering with a child, the second is to be wrongly accused of rape, and the third is to be picked on by a thug and end up killing them.

Now before anyone goes and reads anything into that or finds a way of twisting it forget it. I guess it does sound like a strange statement to make, but I take the first two situations very seriously. I was involved with the Scouts at one stage, and I would help to set-up the radio station for the event but would never hang around to be there whilst the kids were talking on the radio. I have refused to babysit for ex-girlfriends in the past because of similar reasons, I know it probably seems very odd and sad that its something I subconsciously worry about.

The rape situation is probably the reason why I am never the one to make the first move with women, and if I invite a woman out on a date I probably make them worry by asking them to call a friend and let them know where they are. I am the same with drinks, on the rare occassion that I buy a woman a drink I always ask them to accompany me to the bar, this often makes them realise and is a good thing but possibly makes them think twice about me.

Anyway, the first tale started about 18 months ago when I became single (from long term relationship) one of the women who goes in my local pub came upto me about 10 mins before closing and started chatting, I had drunk a few and offered her my phone number to go out for a meal one evening. She said hang on dont give it me yet lets wait until we go outside for my taxi. She had a bit of a conversation with her friend and the friend dissapeared, we went outside and she announced that her friend had gone in the taxi and she would have to come home with me! She did and the inevitable happened. I called her a few days later and took her for a meal, I knew I had made a mistake and tried to put her off gently. She came out of the pub the following week to see me walking up the road with another woman, she put two and two together and decided I must of chatted up this woman and bombarded my mobile with text messages and missed calls, when in fact there was nothing going on and the woman had asked me if she could walk up with me.

The scorned woman then started a campaign of going around the pub telling everyone that I took advantage of her etc, she was better known to most than myself and it seems her story was believed. In parallel with this another incident involved another regular woman who tried to chat me up and asked for my phone number, I had a suspicion that she had started seeing the barman although she denied it and said she was a free agent, the barman got a bit miffed with me and I was obviously the guilty party yet again as I have been told he is under the impression it was me pestering her to go home, and not the other way.

Things have got worse in the past few weeks, one guy who's a homosexual and chats to most of the women started really ripping into me about both incidents. It was none of his business, and I was very tempted to silence him on the spot. Then last friday night whilst having a quiet drink at the bar with a couple of mates, three women were chatting with me and generally having a good laugh with no motive on my part. Two of them had a taxi at 11.30PM and one of them said "Will you look after my friend and make sure she gets in her taxi at midnight" I said OK, I didn't have any interest in chatting her up and I think she had already mentioned her husband anyway. At around 5 to midnight she informed me she was getting her coat, I said I will get mine, visit the loo and see you outside. I got outside to find her talking with the scorned woman and her new boyfriend, as I approached the woman who I was asked to look after she shouted

"Get away from me and leave me alone"

I said goodnight turned around and walked straight off, I have been wondering what poison the scorned woman could of told her for that sort of reaction! I had already told the landlady about the situation with the scorned woman, and the landlady said not to worry because she has a habit of sleeping around. I haven't mentioned the other woman because I didn't want to make things difficult with her and the barman even though the landlady has probab;y heard I am the guilty party.

I feel something will give before long if she keeps going around spewing out lies about me, but it does go to prove that in both cases the women are able to twist the story, lie and be believed because they are women and I am a man. It just makes me wonder what would of happened if she had claimed rape after I tried to let her down gently:Yikes:

Ramrod
22-11-2005, 20:54
I think that if you don't respond to this abuse it will probably blow over before long.....sh*tty situation! :(

Maggy
22-11-2005, 22:06
I think that if you don't respond to this abuse it will probably blow over before long.....sh*tty situation! :(

It depends on the stupid woman who started it all.Having started is she willing to let it go?

Anyway I suggest that you talk to all the other women in the circle who know what you are really like and ask their advice.They will soon put anyone right about you if they hear any of the cr@p being toted around as fact.

Halcyon
22-11-2005, 23:58
Yes, Coggy is right. Make sure your side of the story is told and tell people around you about the lies that she is spreading.
She has no right to go and spread things about you constantly like that.
However, do remember that she is the one in the wrong, and you shouldnt stoop down to her level so dont do anything you may regret.

Regarding the other part of your post, I think many people worry about this.
I know some friends who are teachers and if they have to be in the same room alone with a student they will refuse to do it as now a days anyone will accuse anyone of anything so its best not to be in situations where rumours can start.
Its good that you are cautious with the way you do things.

I wish you the best of luck in sorting your life out. Maybe avoiding that particular pub for a while may make people forget. you never know there is probably somewhere new to discover for a drink.