PDA

View Full Version : NTL are idiots!

azzman
17-11-2005, 16:08
NTL are officially the most useless people on the planet ever!

A week ago, my dad finally agreed to get broadband after much persuasion so he called up NTL and arranged for them to come round on Thursday (today). On Saturday, the PIN letter came welcoming us to broadband. So I was happy and looking forward to today.

However, when I arrived home, I found that the Internet had not been installed as the engineer had arrived thinking he was to install a telephone line! How thick are they? Now my dad has cancelled the contract and is refusing to get broadband from anyone.

I am very angry with NTL.

orangebird
17-11-2005, 16:12

ntl is a Ltd company that employs approx 12000 people. Are all 12000 idiots? I didn't think a compnay could be an idiot.... :erm:

A week ago, my dad finally agreed to get broadband after much persuasion so he called up NTL and arranged for them to come round on Thursday (today). On Saturday, the PIN letter came welcoming us to broadband. So I was happy and looking forward to today.

However, when I arrived home, I found that the Internet had not been installed as the engineer had arrived thinking he was to install a telephone line! How thick are they? Now my dad has cancelled the contract and is refusing to get broadband from anyone.

Never mind. When you grow up and get your own house, maybe then you'll get broadband. :)

17-11-2005, 16:13

Why has your dad cancelled it...
Get another install date or order broadband yourself.

17-11-2005, 16:14
Never mind. When you grow up and get your own house, maybe then you'll get broadband. :)[/quote]

Nice;)

azzman
17-11-2005, 16:14
[quote=orangebird]ntl is a Ltd company that employs approx 12000 people. Are all 12000 idiots? I didn't think a compnay could be an idiot.... :erm:

It seems NTL have proved you wrong! :)

azzman
17-11-2005, 16:16
Why has your dad cancelled it...
Get another install date or order broadband yourself.

My dad doesnt really want broadband so he doesnt care whether we get it or not and he was so annoyed at NTL he decided not to get it at all.

I am only 16 so I can't do that, or can I?

MovedGoalPosts
17-11-2005, 16:19
Wohaa, lets not go down the blaming everbody route. Somebody has made a mistake. They should be the ones to hold their hands up, not the entire organisation.

Is there no chance your father will relent and give ntl a chance to redeem themselves?

Wicked_and_Crazy
17-11-2005, 16:19
And youve never made a mistake in your life have you

How about you call CS, arrange another install and suggest that they give you a months free broadband for the hassle?

azzman
17-11-2005, 16:22
Wohaa, lets not go down the blaming everbody route. Somebody has made a mistake. They should be the ones to hold their hands up, not the entire organisation.

Is there no chance your father will relent and give ntl a chance to redeem themselves?

No. He's stubborn like that. And anyway, we used to have NTL TV and they mucked us around then as well so he's very upset with them.

Wicked_and_Crazy
17-11-2005, 16:24
No. He's stubborn like that. And anyway, we used to have NTL TV and they mucked us around then as well so he's very upset with them.

why did you choose NTL for Broadband then?

Chris
17-11-2005, 16:27

Well, daddy has thrown his rattle out the pram and refused to get broadband from *anyone*, on the basis of a mistake made by one single broadband provider. So it's probably not a surprise that you think all 12,000 employees of NTL are idiots based on the (admittedly stupid) mistake of the one person in sales who screwed up your order.

A little advice if you'll take it ... try to shake off the family habit of making sweeping generalisations. It won't win you friends in the long run.

In the meantime, if your dad really won't entertain NTL again, I'd start reading up here (http://www.adslguide.org.uk), there are plenty of good ADSL suppliers. There is no reason not to get broadband. Perhaps when he calms down he'll listen to reason.

azzman
17-11-2005, 16:45
Well, daddy has thrown his rattle out the pram and refused to get broadband from *anyone*, on the basis of a mistake made by one single broadband provider. So it's probably not a surprise that you think all 12,000 employees of NTL are idiots based on the (admittedly stupid) mistake of the one person in sales who screwed up your order.

A little advice if you'll take it ... try to shake off the family habit of making sweeping generalisations. It won't win you friends in the long run.

That's a fair point but still, I'm not stupid and I realise that it was just one person who made a mistake and not the whole of NTL who are idiots. However, I am still very upset with them and I think its pretty pathetic that they cant get a simple thing such as this right and it does make me question what else might go wrong if we do eventually go with them.

As for my dad, I cant exactly force him to do what I want, however convenient that would be! :)

17-11-2005, 16:51
Get a grip with the real world Azzman, or maybe your dad should.
Mistakes happen, people are only human.
Call NTL and find out why the install went wrong, they are quite resonable people, be polite and they might,:D if you are nice let you be a customer.

arcamalpha2004
17-11-2005, 16:52
That's a fair point but still, I'm not stupid and I realise that it was just one person who made a mistake and not the whole of NTL who are idiots. However, I am still very upset with them and I think its pretty pathetic that they cant get a simple thing such as this right and it does make me question what else might go wrong if we do eventually go with them.

As for my dad, I cant exactly force him to do what I want, however convenient that would be! :)

One off mistakes can be excused, sadly NTL seem to make a lot of one off mistakes, I am not saying other companies do not have a similar issue, but we are talking about NTL here, not BT, so NTL have a reputation problem they need to investigate, the first thing they can do is drill into their staff, " GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME EVERY TIME "

It's so easy to put things down to a one off, and it can be understandable sometimes, but scanning through this site, how many times do these " one off " tits ups happen?

17-11-2005, 16:53
i worked for BT before NTL and believe me communication companys are ALL the same. there is NO communication from the top to the bottom.

arcamalpha2004
17-11-2005, 16:59
" ntl is a Ltd company that employs approx 12000 people. Are all 12000 idiots? I didn't think a compnay could be an idiot.... :erm:"

I agree a compnay ( company ) cannot be an idiot, but they can act with idiocy, which seems a better way to put it.;)

Mick
17-11-2005, 17:28
Was there a point to this thread or is it just gonna be another one of those unconstructive rant threads?

nemesis01
17-11-2005, 17:31
Stuff like this can work out in your favour, if your dad was to ring back he may well get some kinda freebie thrown in as an apology, not worth totally ruling out broadband IMO.

17-11-2005, 17:34
Was there a point to this thread or is it just gonna be another one of those unconstructive rant threads?

That will be 90% of threads then.

Bill C
17-11-2005, 17:40

agreed

Mick
17-11-2005, 17:40

And the over exaggeration award goes to.....

17-11-2005, 17:50
an over exaggeration....... i read the threads most days and yes this site is very helpful BUT if i was a betting man (which i am not) i would bet that a large proportion of threads end up with the words 'complain' or 'moan' in them. a small fact for you NTL have less than a 1% trucked fault rate.

Mick
17-11-2005, 18:04
an over exaggeration....... i read the threads most days and yes this site is very helpful BUT if i was a betting man (which i am not) i would bet that a large proportion of threads end up with the words 'complain' or 'moan' in them. a small fact for you NTL have less than a 1% trucked fault rate.

They wouldn't contain the words 'moan' or 'complain' in them a lot at all - They might contain a complaint or such but that is exactly why this forum is here, for people to give constructive criticism. You said 90% of threads on here are just rants, There is a difference to someone wanting help and someone just posting here to rant - and I would say 95% of the time people come here to get help or give constructive critcism rather than just rant. It is very wrong to say the majority of all threads here are just rants. Yes people rant on here but not to the levels you state they are.

Wicked_and_Crazy
17-11-2005, 18:10
They wouldn't contain the words 'moan' or 'complain' in them a lot at all - They might contain a complaint or such but that is exactly why this forum is here, for people to give constructive criticism. You said 90% of threads on here are just rants, There is a difference to someone wanting help and someone just posting here to rant - and I would say 95% of the time people come here to get help or give constructive critcism rather than just rant. It is very wrong to say the majority of all threads here are just rants. Yes people rant on here but not to the levels you state they are.

i think you were right the first time. This is an unconstructive rant thread

17-11-2005, 18:16
Yep agreed...
Azzman pour your old fella a large whiskey and ask him (nicely) to ring NTL. :)

Mick
17-11-2005, 18:18
Yep agreed...
Azzman pour your old fella a large whiskey and ask him (nicely) to ring NTL. :)

And on that advice - Thread closed. :)