PDA

View Full Version : The Flesh Is Weak

Theodoric
29-10-2003, 21:46
At the moment our sugar bowl contains sugar cubes rather than the usual granulated sugar. Whilst I am making a cup of coffee and waiting for the kettle to boil, I find it almost impossible to resist taking some of the sugar cubes and sucking them. In the same fashion, when I am in a restaurant that serves the sugar as those small, hard crystalline lumps, I can never resist popping a few in my mouth and crunching them. Anyone else out there with an ultra-sweet tooth?

peachey
29-10-2003, 21:51
At the moment our sugar bowl contains sugar cubes rather than the usual granulated sugar. Whilst I am making a cup of coffee and waiting for the kettle to boil, I find it almost impossible to resist taking some of the sugar cubes and sucking them. In the same fashion, when I am in a restaurant that serves the sugar as those small, hard crystalline lumps, I can never resist popping a few in my mouth and crunching them. Anyone else out there with an ultra-sweet tooth?

horses like them

and are handy there

Theodoric
29-10-2003, 21:55
horses like them

and are handy there
I was restricting my enquiry to humans, not horses. :)

Xaccers
29-10-2003, 21:56
Maybe Peachy is really a horse?

I must admit I tend to do the same as you

Ramrod
29-10-2003, 21:57
At the moment our sugar bowl contains sugar cubes rather than the usual granulated sugar. Whilst I am making a cup of coffee and waiting for the kettle to boil, I find it almost impossible to resist taking some of the sugar cubes and sucking them. In the same fashion, when I am in a restaurant that serves the sugar as those small, hard crystalline lumps, I can never resist popping a few in my mouth and crunching them. Anyone else out there with an ultra-sweet tooth?Not me. One of the contributing factors to my fathers recent death was his late onset diabetes. I do not have any sugar whatsoever (barring that which is found in alcohol and ketchup). I certainly don't have 'neat' sugar.

peachey
29-10-2003, 21:57
I was restricting my enquiry to humans, not horses. :)

to be honest I did not realise you could still get those cubes

Bex
29-10-2003, 21:59
sugar cubes are great......good to munch on :D

peachey
29-10-2003, 22:02
sugar cubes are great......good to munch on :D

you used to see them in hotels and stuff in kinky little packs of two with paper round them with the name of the hotel on them and stuff

i used to nick them and take them home

Bex
29-10-2003, 22:05
you used to see them in hotels and stuff in kinky little packs of two with paper round them with the name of the hotel on them and stuff

i used to nick them and take them home

you can buy them........my aunt gets them :D

peachey
29-10-2003, 22:07
you can buy them........my aunt gets them :D

where from

asda?

the last time I was down there I bought a cheap salt and pepper pot set but did not see any sugar cubes

Ramrod
29-10-2003, 22:13
you used to see them in hotels and stuff in kinky little packs of two with paper round them :erm: Whats kinky about sugar cubes?

peachey
29-10-2003, 22:15
:erm: Whats kinky about sugar cubes?

depends where you put them I guess

I was talking about the packet they came in

Bex
29-10-2003, 22:26
where from

asda?

the last time I was down there I bought a cheap salt and pepper pot set but did not see any sugar cubes

my aunt got them from tesco but sainsburys sells them also......think they come in a pink packet...oblong packet....half pink half white (if i remember rightly)

peachey
29-10-2003, 22:27
my aunt got them from tesco but sainsburys sells them also......think they come in a pink packet...oblong packet....half pink half white (if i remember rightly)

classic

will pick some up next time i am there