PDA

View Full Version : encore

peachey
29-10-2003, 20:49
I heard a chirping alarm going off somewhere muffled in the room just now and went to investigate

turned out it was that encore personal organiser thing they gave out a couple of years back - anybody remember them?

Russ
29-10-2003, 20:50
Who's "they"?

MadGamer
29-10-2003, 21:30
I have no idea Russ.

Ramrod
29-10-2003, 21:48
I've googled and I'm none the wiser:confused:

Theodoric
29-10-2003, 22:01
Who's "they"?
The people who are out to get you.

carlingman
29-10-2003, 23:02
Who's "they"?

They would be NTL.

It was some gimmicky scheme run by NTL in the days of the Caradog House Crew at Newport and believe it was also in Swansea.

Basically if your team performed well, or you made a good suggestion or crawled up a manager arse then you got awarded points.

Then points make prizes - in this case a crappy little personal organiser.

I hear the guy who invented planning for growth and stated to Newport Techs "your jobs are safe, Cable Modems are the future" got an outstanding bonus out the bargain :)

Although what goes around comes around as believe a certain Mr Stroud has now had the golden handshake.

:)

peachey
29-10-2003, 23:27
They would be NTL.

It was some gimmicky scheme run by NTL in the days of the Caradog House Crew at Newport and believe it was also in Swansea.

Basically if your team performed well, or you made a good suggestion or crawled up a manager arse then you got awarded points.

Then points make prizes - in this case a crappy little personal organiser.

I hear the guy who invented planning for growth and stated to Newport Techs "your jobs are safe, Cable Modems are the future" got an outstanding bonus out the bargain :)

Although what goes around comes around as believe a certain Mr Stroud has now had the golden handshake.

:)

yep

that seems to ring a bell