PDA

View Full Version : keeping set top box

blastiks
29-10-2003, 17:44
I was a digital tv subscriber but decided to stop the subscription. I still pay for my internet broadband connection aswell as for my phone line thrus i am still a ntl customer. I was wondering if i could keep the box and still watch the free to air channel and what are their policy with this?

Dooby
29-10-2003, 19:20
i think if you receive your broadband via your stb then you can keep it, and get the bonus of being able to still receive some freeview channels... if you get your BB via a stand alone modem then I dont think you can keep the stb...

scrotnig
29-10-2003, 19:30
I was a digital tv subscriber but decided to stop the subscription. I still pay for my internet broadband connection aswell as for my phone line thrus i am still a ntl customer. I was wondering if i could keep the box and still watch the free to air channel and what are their policy with this?
No this isn't possible.

If you are still getting any channels via the set top box, you are fortunate, as this should not happen. If they ever stop, you won't be able to get them reinstated, as you're not paying for the TV service at all.