PDA

View Full Version : none of my business ?

kronas
29-10-2003, 17:54
police and social services are looking in to a case where a 12 year old girl has given birth to a boy

the 6lb baby was born in cumbria and now the father is being tracked down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3223359.stm

ok it seems to me this is a growing problem i dont have a problem with people having babies but kids having babies ?

Xaccers
29-10-2003, 17:59
Some would say this is why we should be teaching kids about contraception and sex much younger than they are at the moment.
Claire Rainer's body book should be compulsive reading :)

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 18:01
police and social services are looking in to a case where a 12 year old girl has given birth to a boy

the 6lb baby was born in cumbria and now the father is being tracked down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3223359.stm

ok it seems to me this is a growing problem i dont have a problem with people having babies but kids having babies ?

wonder what the parents are like :rolleyes:

Jon M
29-10-2003, 18:35
not much older than 24 i'd imagine ;)

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 18:45
not much older than 24 i'd imagine ;)

should be interesting when the full story comes out :)

Bex
29-10-2003, 19:37

that is the normal reaction whenever anyone finds out someone is a teenage parent........and it is not always the case.....

just because one child makes a mistake and gets pregnant does NOT mean that it is the parent's fault

let me give you an example of a family i know......they have three children......
one of the children had a baby at age 14.......ok you could say that the parents were bad and didnt care about their kids or soemthing, but the eldest daughter is completely different....works hard, paid her way through universtiy, has a decent job.....so if the parents were always to blame wouldn't this daughter also have turned out bad?

<rant mode over> it just winds me up when people make comments like that

Russ
29-10-2003, 19:39
There could be SO much we don't know about this. Although it doesn't make it right, what if the girl looks older than her years? What if the father is about the same age and was fooled in thinking she was older?

Bex
29-10-2003, 19:43
There could be SO much we don't know about this. Although it doesn't make it right, what if the girl looks older than her years? What if the father is about the same age and was fooled in thinking she was older?

indeed russ..........that story doesn't really say anything......who knows the lass could actually of been abused and is too scared to say anything....

it winds me up when people make assumptions :mad:

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 20:57
that is the normal reaction whenever anyone finds out someone is a teenage parent........and it is not always the case.....

just because one child makes a mistake and gets pregnant does NOT mean that it is the parent's fault

let me give you an example of a family i know......they have three children......
one of the children had a baby at age 14.......ok you could say that the parents were bad and didnt care about their kids or soemthing, but the eldest daughter is completely different....works hard, paid her way through universtiy, has a decent job.....so if the parents were always to blame wouldn't this daughter also have turned out bad?

<rant mode over> it just winds me up when people make comments like that

uh whoops , i didnt mean to wind you up , ok so my comment was a bit ' off ' , i still say it will be interesting to see the background to this story , am i forgiven now :angel:

blackthorn
29-10-2003, 21:40
Although she wasn`t 12, one of my daughters (I`ve got 3) came home aged 15 and told me she was pregnant. That was 15 years ago and at the time, we never thought about whose fault it was or why and we never classed ourselves as "bad parents". The first thing that went through my head was I wanted to shout and be angry but I didnt. She needed our support and love which we gave her and we`ve got a cracking grandson. She`s settled down now, married with another son and the last time we spoke about how young she was at the time, she tells us that it was no ones fault but her own.

Bex
29-10-2003, 21:59
uh whoops , i didnt mean to wind you up , ok so my comment was a bit ' off ' , i still say it will be interesting to see the background to this story , am i forgiven now :angel:

ok since im in a terrific mood tonight, you are forgiven... :p

blackthorn, thank you for reiterating what i said about the parent's not necessarily being "bad"...these things happen, and they aren't always pleasant at the time, but at the end of the day there is normally a positive that comes out of it and normally it is a gorgeous child :D

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 22:05
ok since im in a terrific mood tonight, you are forgiven... :p

blackthorn, thank you for reiterating what i said about the parent's not necessarily being "bad"...these things happen, and they aren't always pleasant at the time, but at the end of the day there is normally a positive that comes out of it and normally it is a gorgeous child :D

thanks bexy i feel all warm and cuddly now i have been forgiven , i suppose all we can hope for is that the child is loved and grows up with no stigma of what has happened being attached to him / her :)

Bex
29-10-2003, 22:08
thanks bexy i feel all warm and cuddly now i have been forgiven , i suppose all we can hope for is that the child is loved and grows up with no stigma of what has happened being attached to him / her :)

just because the child has been mothered by a 12 year old doesn't mean it wont be loved and adored......... some parents who have kids at 30odd shouldn't have them.....

the only time there is stigma attached is if people react because she was so young....

i took my nephew out when he was a baby and some old granny started having a go at me about teenage mothers........ i was :mad: and kindly let her know to keep her opinions to herself

p.s. paulyoung666 check ur pms :p