PDA

View Full Version : Customer Services Closed

Graham F
29-10-2003, 16:11
As per the title I have heard a rumour that ntl customer services will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Years Day :eeek: As far as I could make out when I had this conversation with a c/s rep it is company wide!!

Tech support will be working different hours though so they say and faults as well, not sure what they are though :(

Can anyone that works for ntl confirm this for me please?

I remember a few years back hearing tales of ntl c/s being open on Christmas day. Is this a good move by ntl?

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 16:18
i must admit i have never rang ntl on xmas day so i wouldnt really know about them being shut this year , although it wouldnt surprise me :mis: , i suppose most people would be glad to have it off , so to speak , but faults should be working 24/7 shouldnt they , at least for emergency phone faults :)

Graham F
29-10-2003, 16:20
i must admit i have never rang ntl on xmas day so i wouldnt really know about them being shut this year , although it wouldnt surprise me :mis: , i suppose most people would be glad to have it off , so to speak , but faults should be working 24/7 shouldnt they , at least for emergency phone faults :)

Being shut Christmas Day i don't really have an issue with but Boxing Day and New Year is just a suprise to be honest

Marge
29-10-2003, 16:24
Well I'm down for working Boxing Day :cry: so unless everyone else knows something I don't :erm:

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 16:41
Well I'm down for working Boxing Day :cry: so unless everyone else knows something I don't :erm:

awwwwwwwwwwwww poor debsy :mis:

Marge
29-10-2003, 17:21
Oh don't mind working it, least it stops me being Miss Scrooge

Nemesis
29-10-2003, 18:48
Well I'll give you the day off :D

Graham F
29-10-2003, 20:12

It can't be comapny wide then, unless they are play a trick on you :p I take it your office is closed on Christmas Day though?

Escapee
29-10-2003, 20:39

I cant see any point in faults working if CS are not in to take calls for network outages etc. All reported faults should be cleared before the end of Christmas eve and it should only need on call people for Switch and Headend in the regions, but how would they get called in if there was no one in CS to answer the calls anyway?

Many moons ago when I worked as a Network Technician we had a rota for on call for the three bank holidays and I am not aware of anyone being called out for CATV outages on these days in my old region. I have known large areas of network be off service for a whole weekend because CS failed to call anyone so I wouldn't of thought Christmas day was much different apart from the dissapointment in missing the queens speech. :rolleyes:

paulyoung666
29-10-2003, 21:03
I cant see any point in faults working if CS are not in to take calls for network outages etc. All reported faults should be cleared before the end of Christmas eve and it should only need on call people for Switch and Headend in the regions, but how would they get called in if there was no one in CS to answer the calls anyway?

Many moons ago when I worked as a Network Technician we had a rota for on call for the three bank holidays and I am not aware of anyone being called out for CATV outages on these days in my old region. I have known large areas of network be off service for a whole weekend because CS failed to call anyone so I wouldn't of thought Christmas day was much different apart from the dissapointment in missing the queens speech. :rolleyes:

in my area at least if c.s. are closed there is a seperate number to ring to report a telco fault , i thought they had to provide this service for emergency's anyway

Marge
29-10-2003, 21:09
Yeah I'm sure they will be open Christmas Day for emergency telco faults, this is the first time in 3 years that I won't be working Christmas Day and I'm mighty pleased about it

Pritch
29-10-2003, 22:41
Yes, there will be cover for emergency telco faults.

At the moment, it looks like muggins might be doing it. :D