PDA

View Full Version : Bt Sms

Visitor
11-11-2005, 22:57
AGGGHHHHH why havnt NTL started this yet... Any plans ?

Is there a way to change the call center number to first get onto BT then the call center?

Paul K
12-11-2005, 07:07
What are you trying to do? If you are trying to use BT SMS on a NTL phone then I would expect the answer is no you can't change the number so that you can use a BT service through an NTL phone.

SLM
12-11-2005, 13:01
Why not get a mobile phone and text of that!?!?!?!;)

andygrif
13-11-2005, 01:28
I have previously used an SMS Dect handset on my ntl line...you need to have caller display enabled and register. To be honest it might have changed now...I did get a message from the provider (as advertised in my BT SMS handset) saying that people who were replying couldn't just hit reply but had to manually edit the reply to number and instert my home number after some access code or something.

I might have got the wrong end of their stick, but it sounded too much hassle to wory about, so I gave up using it and stuck to SLM's advice instead!

Visitor
15-11-2005, 21:30
I can only get the recorded messages played back, was wondering if NTL had any plans on adding this service

@SLM I have more mobile phones around here than most, Nokia 6680's but it is usful having SMS from the house phone

@andygrif
Its not possable to send an SMS on a NTL line, they dont support it, the SMS service center number is BT's

andygrif
15-11-2005, 23:53
andygrif

Its not possable to send an SMS on a NTL line, they dont support it, the SMS service center number is BT's

It is possible to send an SMS on an ntl line. I have done it. You do, as I said, have to sign up for a service centre, which was the one in the instruction manual of my BT DECT phone. It worked perfectly and I was billed by ntl to the cost of 10p. So it does work.

dilli-theclaw
17-11-2005, 13:35
It is possible to send an SMS on an ntl line. I have done it. You do, as I said, have to sign up for a service centre, which was the one in the instruction manual of my BT DECT phone. It worked perfectly and I was billed by ntl to the cost of 10p. So it does work.I've just got a BT freestyle 4100 sms phone today. Just to confirm then? If I use the bt numbers in my manual (for setting up send/recieve) I can get incoming texts on the screen instead of voice texts? (I have caller ID)

Visitor
19-11-2005, 12:03
The service center number is already in the phone, when used on a BT line, you sign up for the service automatically as soon as you send a SMS on a BTL

How is it possable to dial a BT service center line on a NTL line ?

dilli-theclaw
19-11-2005, 12:04
The service center number is already in the phone, when used on a BT line, you sign up for the service automatically as soon as you send a SMS on a BTL

How is it possable to dial a BT service center line on a NTL line ?Well it didn't work on my phone. Oh well.... :)

Visitor
19-11-2005, 12:58
No Mine

It dials 1470 17094009
1470 is to make sure your number is sent

So its not possable to dial 17094009 on a NTL line, you would need a BT access number like 0800 xxx

andygrif
19-11-2005, 23:48
As I said earlier, it was a while back when this worked for me. I got an SMS (on my BT DECT handset which was and is on my ntl line) telling me of changes to sending and replying to messages, so I haven't used it since as it was too complex. Perhaps the changes of a few years back also meant that non-BT customers could no longer use the system...but I can confirm that it definitely used to work.

dilli-theclaw
19-11-2005, 23:50
As I said earlier, it was a while back when this worked for me. I got an SMS (on my BT DECT handset which was and is on my ntl line) telling me of changes to sending and replying to messages, so I haven't used it since as it was too complex. Perhaps the changes of a few years back also meant that non-BT customers could no longer use the system...but I can confirm that it definitely used to work.At least the messages come through in robospeak :) So I'm not that fussed - I only got it (the phone) 'cos it was £10 new - rather than 'cos it did sms. But it would have been nice.