PDA

View Full Version : weird problem

mattZX
10-11-2005, 17:12
Im on 10mb, and have a good solid upload of 60kb/s through my pc.....

However, on xbox live for some reason i cant host at all, it just lags...i cant even host a room for as many people as a guy who has half my upload speed.

i connect through a linksys router to the modem. I have even taken the router out and connected directly to the modem and i get the same out come :confused:

i would really appreciate it if someone could kindly shed some light on this, seems so srange...

many thanks

Stop It
10-11-2005, 17:27
Quick question, are you downloading at all while on XBL, because downloading adversely affects ping, and upload speed, if not, then im not sure, has your PC got any upload/lag issues? if not then maybe theres an issue with XBL itself.

mattZX
10-11-2005, 17:34
Nope my pc is inactive whilst im on xbox live. On my pc my upload is consistantly at 60kb/s

My friend who lives exactly next door and is on the NTL 3mb still with an upload of around 35kb/s can even host a larger server than me. This is why im so confused because surely we would be connected to the same UBR etc

Ive had this problem for ages, where ive never been able to host a server as large as other people that have the same or less upload.