PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge - No connection for over 1week!!!

frshhh
10-11-2005, 11:28
Right, I live in Cambridge and my connection stopped last wednesday (2nd Nov.) and still isnt working. I phoned NTL and spoke to 4 people - the 1st, in billing, told me my account was in credit (duh!). 2nd (not sure what department, was put through) told me there was no reason for it not to work, the 3rd (tech support) told me there was a problem in my general area... even though my brother who lives a few streets away had no problems. the 4th gave me a partial credit on my bill next month but couldnt offer any more info.

The modem shows the power light on, the USB light too and the DS light just keeps flashing intermitently ... thats all!

I run Win2K, I dont have cable tv although i do have a splitter on the actual cable which allows me to use it as a bog-standard tv ariel rather than a portable ariel, anyway, the picture which used to be perfect, well, isnt even there now... i dunno if that is relivant..?

So yea, over a week without my BB connection and its driving me mad.

Any Ideas?

(btw, i have no network setup and turn off my firewall when i try it)

MovedGoalPosts
10-11-2005, 12:22
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

Have you phoned faults again since your call last week. What do they say now?

quadplay
10-11-2005, 12:50
Oh dear... Sounds like your cable has been disconnected at the cabinet! Call Technical Support again (0845 650 0121) and a technican can be sent to check it out.