PDA

View Full Version : device manager?

mr0161
10-11-2005, 10:41
Ok, let me start off by saying i use the set top box, well to the point, i have been on the forums and need to know something, i used to have device manager but it ain't there, and ntl used to use correctconnect back in the day, but that stopped working after a while as well, do you think if i re-install ntl it will work again or?

And well i have had ntl installed since 2001 one, and some things have just stopped working, so i don't know what what the internet is running off, any idea's?:erm:

MovedGoalPosts
10-11-2005, 10:53
What OS are you running? Are you connected to the STB via USB or Ethernet?

Device Manager can ususally be accessed either by right clicking the "my Computer" icon > properties > hardware tab. Alternatively go to Control Panel from your start menu > system.

You don't need correct connect (often referred to as incorrectly disconnect). If you use USB you need the drivers on the ntl CD on your compter for the USB to work, but nothing else. If you use ethernet, it's simply a case of plug in the ehternet, reboot the STB and PC and register the connection using start:ntl.

mr0161
10-11-2005, 10:56
I am using USB so i can't register with the USB and only the ethernet?

And i did the hardware thing but the funny thing is, the hardware part ain't on my computer, kinda confusing, dunno what is wrong with it, any idea's?

MovedGoalPosts
10-11-2005, 11:05
Do you have an ethernet card in your PC? You are posting so your connection via USB is working. What are you actually trying to find out / do with device manager?

If your PC has been runing since 2001, I'd be very tempted to back up all the data, reformat it and reload your OS as a clean sheet, rather than try and sort little bits that are "missing".

mr0161
10-11-2005, 11:05
Oh and at the side you know where the little icons are for your software, i have this icon saying.

safely remove hardware, and it has AEI USB To fast Ethenernet Adapter.

And in writing says - Select the device you want to unplug or eject and then click stop.

And it has the thing at the top with AEI USB thing and when i click stop it stops the internet, but why won't that safey thing move from my icons as it knows that my internet?

Neil
10-11-2005, 11:07
@mr0161-Do you have a problem with your ntl broadband connection?

mr0161
10-11-2005, 11:08
I want to reg~ my Mac address so i can use the PS2 without getting a Ethenernet card and router and going through all that mess, and so you know i don't know how to backup stuff, i am just a person who plays games i don't know much about the computer it's self, and i have not had the computer since 2001 just ntl i have had this comp since about 2003

basa
10-11-2005, 11:12
If you use ethernet, it's simply a case of plug in the ehternet, reboot the STB and PC and register the connection using start:ntl.

Oh how I wish (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=621444#post621444) !!!! :rolleyes: