PDA

View Full Version : 10mb and the Silver Samsung SMT 2100c STB

Enuff
10-11-2005, 02:54
Can anyone tell me if the Samsung SMT 2100c will be able to take the 10mb upgrade? I have been told by various staff at NTL that it will, and that it wont! If it wont, then I can arrange for a swap to a SACM before the mad rush :D I've googled and not found much so any help on this would be much appreciated. thnx...

daxx
10-11-2005, 03:29
Last contact with NTL ref this was this morning when a very helpful young lady locally (M/cr Area) solved all my current NTL related problems, who amongst other things checked with various tech bodies up here, the general concensus was to change to SACM as they 'wouldn't fancy' 10meg going through an STB. So I went with her suggestion and an install date has been arranged for a SACM to get the 'new' (but bloody old by the time I get it) speed.

Paul
10-11-2005, 07:26
Our information is that none of the STB's will do much more than 7M.

KevAmiga
10-11-2005, 08:17
Yeah, as paul said, i wouldnt count on a STB getting 10mbps....

Only time will tell i guess ;)

Enuff
10-11-2005, 08:31
Thnx for the replies guys! It just seems strange how NTL would spend all that money on hardware that wont go over 7mb... but then wouldnt they have upgraded us anyway? like they have done with people on older SACM's that are not getting the full 10mb some are getting between 4 - 7mb. Oh well I'll grab meself a cuppa tea then give them a bell to arrange a swap, hopefully for a nice new 250 :)EDIT: I've decided to wait, I have just been told by Neil an NTL techie and also from another source at NTL, that the samsung stb will take 10mb plus commonsense is telling me that it will do too... Some hard proof would be good tho! but hey, were dealing with NTL here :rolleyes: I'm becoming a bit dizzy! :spin: